Speed camera vans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just watched a video where a man challenged the legality of civilian staff in marked police vehicles operating speed cameras. His claim was that as they are not police officers then by being in a marked police van they are impersonating a police officer which is a crime. Also as they are not trained officers they do not have the right to collect evidence (operating a speed camera)of a crime(speeding)

Thoughts?

I was under the impression that the operator's where sworn in Plod and not plastic plod..... That said my sister was stopped 4 weeks ago for speeding, she appealed it on the grounds that the police failed to display a camera sign prior to the stop, they upheld her claim and canceled the ticket.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

I was under the impression that the operator's where sworn in Plod and not plastic plod..... That said my sister was stopped 4 weeks ago for speeding, she appealed it on the grounds that the police failed to display a camera sign prior to the stop, they upheld her claim and canceled the ticket.

There is NO obligation for them to do this!

Sure they were in a marked car and not a vosa car?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Same thing. Different name.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They are ran by an executive agency and the peopel in it are fully trained and are authorised by said agency. They do not need to be a full police officer in the speed van. Thats why most vans are Gosafe vans or similar. NOT police vans.

They are ran by an executive agency and the peopel in it are fully trained and are authorised by said agency. They do not need to be a full police officer in the speed van. Thats why most vans are Gosafe vans or similar. NOT police vans.

In my area the "partnership" uses pickup trucks with "amber light bars" showing Motorway Maintenance", with a police officer on board.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Over here, they have to be clearly marked. But thats North Wales for you. The road laws here are some of the most heavily enforced in the country.