Nationwide Overdraft sold to Aktiv Kapital

srm341
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3555 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have had some great advice from viewing previous threads with regard to getting debts I had written off from HFC and Barclaycard/Lowell by going down the SAR route, but I have a different issue which I havent been able to find anything about........

I had a flexaccount with Nationwide which I last used approx 5 years ago at least, it had an overdraft which spiralled to £902 mainly I believe made up of unauthorised overdraft charges.

This debt has been sold to Aktiv Kapital who have recently started sending me letters and phoning (though at present it is only once a day - I know AK often phone upto 10 times a day - I have experience of this!)

What I was wondering was is there anything I can do to get these off my back? I believe overdrafts are not classed as credit agreements so Aktiv Kapital may be more difficult to chase away. (I also have another debt, Egg credit card with AK which I am paying at £1 per week).

I do not have any paperwork from Nationwide (old statements etc) as I moved house back to my parents due to extreme financial hardship, and basically got rid of everything apart from my bed and some crockery.... I also do not want to give these people any personal information, I am working but am currently on a Zero Hrs Contract so my wages are variable.

I hope someone maybe able to help or should I just ignore them...... which I have no issue with doing!

Hi welcome.

Seems your being exploited at all levels, slave labour and Aktive Kr@pital syphoning off more than they should.

You can drop those card payments right down to £1 a MONTH! And that is of course if the agreement is enforceable and you have made them

jump all the hurdles in order to prove it's legality.

Send AK the telephone harassment letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone-%28update-21.04.2014%29

Send it 2nd class post and obtain ''Proof of Posting'' which is free from the PO counter.

It is most likely beneficial to send a SAR (£10) direct to Nationwide to obtain the account details so you can then reclaim all of the banks fees/charges they will have added to the OD.

However check your credit file first, see what date the default was placed on your file.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!