Thomas Cook ongoing complaint - do I bother?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3552 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ultimately it was a chain of failures by Thomas Cook that lead to us making the complaint. Without going into too much detail - I raised a complaint with Thomas Cook about circumstances on the flight that exacerbated my partner's (insured) medical condition that is still affecting him. This was alongside being given very incorrect information by a TC rep that was supposed to help our situation but quite obviously didn't. We were then let down at the airport by the complete lack of rep to support us. I had offered to provide insurance documents and doctor's information to Thomas Cook but they never requested it.

Today, exactly 28 days after the complaint was made, I received an email (despite asking to be contacted by phone) with no more than an apology. If that wasn't maddening enough some of information quoted back to me in the email was incorrect to the original complaint... Not massively incorrect, but enough to make me believe that the complaint was only glanced over.

The question is - do I pursue this or will I just be wasting my time?

I'm not wanting a refund or anything like that but we were expecting to be compensated for the inconvenience and the fact that my partner is still struggling now he's back to work. Any gesture more than an apology would have been enough for us but now we just feel angry. Like we've been swept under the carpet.

Any advice or similar experiences would be a great help

Thank you

Kxx

Hi KRSY123

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain what's happened (partners medical condition), how they have let you down (their failings with regards to your husbands medical condition) and what you want them to do (compensate you). Explain that you will take the matter further. Include ref no.

Send it to:-

Cor Vrieswijk

Cheif Operating Officer

Thomas Cook

Cor.Vrieswijk@thomascook.com

Let us know what he says.

Absolutely you should continue to complain. The travel industry in the UK has an absolutely horrendous records in complaint handling. They have an absolute focus, industry wide, on loss minimisation, at all costs - something I am challenging as I go about setting my new business up. Complain hard, fast, and stick to it.