HSBC Owe me money. Can I start to charge them interest?

everitt1986
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning Everyone,

First of all many thanks for taking the time to read and help me with my problem.

A few years ago I had a overdraft with HSBC which I defaulted on. They instructed Moorecroft to collect the debt which I paid back of a 4 year period. I finished paying this late April.

I then received a letter from Moorecroft saying the account had been settled and I had actually over paid by £40.00. Moorecroft told me that I would need to contact HSBC to arrange for this money to be returned.

I called HSBC who wouldn't speak to me as my account number and telephone banking details are no longer valid. I went into my local branch who advised me to call Moorecroft as they have nothing more to do with me. Moorecroft said the same.

I emailed both HSBC and Moorecroft on the 17th June asking who was responsible for paying me back. I only received a response from Moorecroft saying it was HSBC's responsibility.

To this date I have still not received any response from HSBC. What would be my next course of action? I would really like to start charging them interest for not paying me back like they did me.

I know it's not large amount of money but its the principle that they hassled I'd like them to know how it feels :)

Any help would be very helpful.

It is the responsibility of HSBC.

The quick and easy way to deal with it is to send them a 14 day letter before action. Tell them that unless they return the money to you, that on day 15 you will see them without any further notice.

Use the 14 days to prepare your documentation on the MoneyClaim website and then on day 15 issue the claim. On the basis of what you say, your chances of success are 100% and you will get your feedback. If HSBC are sluggish, you may even get a default judgement which will feel very nice. At 8% statutory interest to your claim. It's very easy – and very good experience because you are learning a transferable skill.

• Confused 1