Solicitor fixed fee issue :(

B3cca
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

In june i came to the end of a long court case, From march I had been paying a solicitor who was arranged by the barrister working with us. It was agreed £3500 fixed fee which would cover the barristers fees for 1 hearing in march and a 2 day final hearing and all solicitors fees.

The solicitor turned out to he useless to the point 2days before the final hearing he had not prepared the court bundle,mThe barrister ended up doing it and charging me £300. I paid everything owed including the £300, i then received an invoice for £1000+ barrister fee for the 2nd day of the hearing.

I had started paying it due to them pestering me and threats of court, I was wondering if i even need to pay it was agreed all the barristers fees were to be included in fixed fee. I've had to block the barrister from calling me as he's constantly pestering for payment.

Any help would be great,

Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

In june i came to the end of a long court case, From march I had been paying a solicitor who was arranged by the barrister working with us. It was agreed £3500 fixed fee which would cover the barristers fees for 1 hearing in march and a 2 day final hearing and all solicitors fees.

The solicitor turned out to he useless to the point 2days before the final hearing he had not prepared the court bundle,mThe barrister ended up doing it and charging me £300. I paid everything owed including the £300, i then received an invoice for £1000+ barrister fee for the 2nd day of the hearing.

I had started paying it due to them pestering me and threats of court, I was wondering if i even need to pay it was agreed all the barristers fees were to be included in fixed fee. I've had to block the barrister from calling me as he's constantly pestering for payment.

Any help would be great,

Thank you.

Even with "direct access" schemes allowing engagement of a barrister direct, my understanding was barristers do not handle client funds.

The solicitor should be arranging the payment details.

There was an arrangement and the barrister's fees were set : get the barrister & solicitor to sort it out?

The solicitor may have been "useless" : so now let the barrister & solicitor lock horns?

Even with "direct access" schemes allowing engagement of a barrister direct, my understanding was barristers do not handle client funds.

The solicitor should be arranging the payment details.

There was an arrangement and the barrister's fees were set : get the barrister & solicitor to sort it out?

The solicitor may have been "useless" : so now let the barrister & solicitor lock horns?

Thank you Bazza

The solicitor has sent me a closing letter which thanks for for paying all the agreed fees, Apparently it was agreed between them that the barrister would now collect what he thinks is owed from me. Each month he has been texting demanding I pay by the friday of that week into his bank account, If i don't do it asap he then starts calling me. Last night he was calling and texting me at 9.30 asking for me to pay. They accidentally cc me in on a email of them arguing over the barristers fees but both are still making threats for me to pay or they will take it further.

I have now sent another letter to solicitor for him to deal with the barristers payment but so far ive been ignored

So Last night I failed to block the number properly so I had 2 calls this morning, I did not answer so he then text.

I replied stating I paid what was agreed and to contact the solicitor if there are any issues with him not being paid. I then got a text saying ' Becca, You do know it's in your best interest to speak to me'.

I'm really unsure what to do but I have text him asking not to call or text my phone any more, I know he will be sly and try anything to make me pay him though. It's really stress I do not need at the moment :-(

I have the welcome letter which states the fees and the conditions that we agreed. I also have the emails which relates to the fees and an email I was sent by mistake where they were arguing over the additional fee.

I have just been CC in to an email by the senior clerk at the barristers chambers. They have asked the solicitor to confirm his position in regards to fees and states I paid for the court bundle he failed to do.

They attached an invoice which was sent to the solicitor stating the outstanding fees and it's addressed to the firm not me.