Motormile providing questionable documents

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just come off the phone to the student loans company,

who at best I can say aren't best impressed..

. Iv also emailed motormile today,

to the ever so normally chatty point of contact

who suddenly has developed a case of forgetting how to type a reply regarding

how they use an sms in court.

I would be interested to see their reply if I was to ring them and advise I was coming round unannounced to discuss the alleged debts.

Il call myself Mike, and tell them I will assess their living standards.

Lets see if they quote the law on not being able to do that,

seen as though they seem quite happy to flaunt this very law when the shoes on the other foot.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just come off the phone to the student loans company, who at best I can say aren't best impressed... Iv also emailed motormile today, to the ever so normally chatty point of contact who suddenly has developed a case of forgetting how to type a reply regarding how they use an sms in court. I would be interested to see their reply if I was to ring them and advise I was coming round unannounced to discuss the alleged debts. Il call myself Mike, and tell them I will assess their living standards. Lets see if they quote the law on not being able to do that, seen as though they seem quite happy to flaunt this very law when the shoes on the other foot.

MMF get more crass and idiotic every minute.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Brig,

Your letter appears to have disappeared on here..

Anywhoo, sent to the MMF CEO as well as the FCA and SLC copied in for good measure. Lets see if we can get somewhere.

Yes it has been unapproved as inappropriate for CAG I am sorry to say.

You need to be careful about including defamatory remarks in your written correspondence with companies.

It is better for people to have a go at composing their own letters and then posting them for comment.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I had a read reciept from the CEO of MMF.

To:

Subject: Formal Complaint

Sent: 12 August 2014 21:21:57 (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik

was read on 12 August 2014 21:22:05 (UTC) Monrovia, Reykjavik.

It would seem he is out of the country at the moment, I do hope something gets sorted.

Ah, I did wonder about the opening remarks in the letter. That was removed, and my own spin on things added.

I guess it depends on "The Spin".

A formal complaint should ideally be composed to explain (briefly) what has happened, what you are unhappy about and ask questions as to what you want done about it and and explanation as to why these things happened.

You should certainly not be including written allegations of falsification of documents unless you have 100% concrete proof that this is the case.

This then puts the onus on the business to respond.

If they fail to respond to the points/questions raised then that opens the door for you to raise a complaint with fos who will look at the matter on an individual basis and to deal with your case as a stand alone matter.

There are several courses of action fos can take against a business and a read of the fos website cases will give you an insight into what they can do.

A complaint to the FCA is extremely unlikely to result in anything being done on an individual case but they may add your complaint to others against the same firm so that they get an overall picture as to how a business is operating and take action if they feel it appropriate.

Although it has been seen that the FCA do take action against financial businesses, it is a slow process but for a case to be dealt with on an individual basis then fos is your port of call if you don't get satisfactory responses from the business concerned.

In summary, the beauty of asking questions and requesting explanations in a formal complaint is that the business is bound by regulatory complaints procedures to respond to the issues raised. Failure to do so opens the doors to other channels of complaint. All of this results in a paper trail of the conduct of the business concerned so their behaviour is evidenced in writing.

Dealing with things like this on the phone is not an ideal medium to be using unless you have the facility to record the calls.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Ah, I did wonder about the opening remarks in the letter. That was removed, and my own spin on things added.

Thanks for the PM Allen!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I sent my official complaint to the CEO of MMF Last night. I also copied in the FCA. Today the FCA, amongst other things have added this to their reply.

With regards to firms contacting customers regarding consumer credit business (including debt collection), the FCA’s Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC) Chapter 7.9.4, states

“a firm must not contact customers at unreasonable times and must pay due regard to the reasonable requests of customers (for example, customers who work in a shift pattern) in respect of when, where and how they may be contacted”.

Therefore, I can inform you that the information in your email has been passed to the Supervision Team responsible for the conduct of this firm within the FCA. How they follow up information received depends upon the risks posed to our objectives, the quality of the evidence and the seriousness of the accusations.

Lets hope we get somewhere.

I sent my official complaint to the CEO of MMF Last night. I also copied in the FCA. Today the FCA, amongst other things have added this to their reply.

With regards to firms contacting customers regarding consumer credit business (including debt collection), the FCA’s Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC) Chapter 7.9.4, states

“a firm must not contact customers at unreasonable times and must pay due regard to the reasonable requests of customers (for example, customers who work in a shift pattern) in respect of when, where and how they may be contacted”.

Therefore, I can inform you that the information in your email has been passed to the Supervision Team responsible for the conduct of this firm within the FCA. How they follow up information received depends upon the risks posed to our objectives, the quality of the evidence and the seriousness of the accusations.

Lets hope we get somewhere.

Hi Allen,

That I think proves that we can make an impression on the regulator, it certainly shows that those who decry making complaints to the FCA as Pointless" are completely Wrong.

I would urge everyone being harassed by MMF to get those complaints with supporting evidence in the post NOW!!!!

Let's stop " worrying about what MMF might not like", does it matter if they don't like criticism on an open forum in my opinion it matters not one iota!!

I Have directed the FCA to this and other forums to show them the problems aren't isolated.

They would do well to take a look in my opinion!

Brig... Allen... I'm already there with my issues!! FCA bound they are...

Why do I feel like the FCA might actually do rather well against these outfits?

Also Allen, I'd like to make an apology, I didn't realize that them putting forward dates for NOA was out of order... I looked at the dates and thought they were fine...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Brig... Allen... I'm already there with my issues!! FCA bound they are...

Why do I feel like the FCA might actually do rather well against these outfits?

Also Allen, I'd like to make an apology, I didn't realise that them pitting forward dates for NOA was put of order... I looked at the dates and thought they were fine...

It does seem that the FCA is keeping to the promises made at its inception, let's hope it follows through!!

Well, an interesting email from MMF today. Asking me to send screenshots over email of my credit report! ERM I dont think so! Giving them more access to my personal information?

This is in relation to them putting a default on my credit file for a student loan. I never had a student loan. I explained to them that this is fraudulent, their reply, "can you explain why you think this is illegal ?"

I'm thinking of sending a reply, but this has come via email, AFTER the letter was set asking for written communication via royal mail only. Can you believe them!

Good afternoon.

In order for me to assess the situation in an amicable manner please may you forward me a screen shot of your credit report. Please explain why you believe the default to be illegal, also.

Once I have established which of your accounts is marked as a Student Loan I shall update it accordingly.

Yes motor mile, Il do your job for you shall I! You shouldn't have done it in the first place. Then have the cheek to ask me to see a copy of my credit file.

I have contacted the FCA yet again about this further correspondence. Still, makes a change to not have MIKE phoning me.

Maybe I should just email them this

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/faq/R1.html#q491e

Edited by allen169

Why do they need screenshots if they have access to your file already?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Why do they need screenshots if they have access to your file already?

Thats exactly what I wondered, then I thought.

Do MMF have access to peoples files. Is it the original creditor that places the default in Motormiles name as soon as they sell it on. Possibly why they email or make up a notice of assignment with made up dates (as in my case)

Hell will freeze over before I send anyone a screenshot of my personal details. I could always send a photo of a nice evening sunset, might brighten up their day!

The default was for a student loan, the student loans company have no recollection of this. Cant MMF see that you cant just plonk a random default on a credit file, allegedly acting on behalf of the student loans company.

MMF can still update the file as needed, so they do have access. However, as a compromise, you could provide them with a redacted screenshot that shows the reference number, name etc. Just only send the entry. Not anything else on the form.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

MMF can still update the file as needed, so they do have access. However, as a compromise, you could provide them with a redacted screenshot that shows the reference number, name etc. Just only send the entry. Not anything else on the form.

That would make life easy for them. I don't get paid to 'collect debts' or harass vulnerable people for money. That's their job, so surely they are responsible to rectify the issue using their own access, After all, they placed the default so they should easily be able to find it.

Simple reply never had a student loan so remove entry immediately complain to ICO sent today.

No further correspondence will be entered into and I consider the matter closed.

Reply and complaint sent...

But thanks to Motormile Iv had a good check of my credit file. Can someone explain how this is possible. One of their defaults is for an account started on the 7/12/2011 with a default date of 14/12/2011. How is that possible? Those dates are incorrect.

Another one of the defaults from them. Account started 1/03/2011 and default date showing as 25/03/2011.

You need to challenge them. As stated on multiple threads, MMF are huge fans of adding incorrect info and hoping nobody notices. They are already on what is basically a final warning from the FCA so report them. They likely think that because they are on a final warning, they may as well go all out and get as much money as possible before they get closed down.

Reply and complaint sent...

But thanks to Motormile Iv had a good check of my credit file. Can someone explain how this is possible. One of their defaults is for an account started on the 7/12/2011 with a default date of 14/12/2011. How is that possible? Those dates are incorrect.

Another one of the defaults from them. Account started 1/03/2011 and default date showing as 25/03/2011.

There is more than a little going wrong here this type of CRA is coming up on a daily basis.

Put notices of dispute on ALL the CRA files citing "incorrect" data entry, Can say they have been fiddling can we!!!

If you can phone the original creditors to see if they will divulge the correct date.

The more of these I see the more it points to collusion between creditor and debt purchaser.

Todays latest correspondence from MMF. Apparently they don't issue default notices.....

As advised, I require a screenshot of the mark we have left on your credit file so that I am able to assess it before requesting any change of information.

From what I can gather, it has been incorrectly marked as a student loan when, in actual fact, we do not deal with any student loans.

The Notice of Default is to be sent by the original lender, not ourselves.

Kind regards