Excel Parking Services ticket from 2009 - now DCA's chasing me!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter from debt collection for £150.

I apparently ignored previous requests for payments to a company called Excel Parking Services.

I cannot recall any dealings with Excel in the past year or so. I did receive a ticket from Excel in 2009 for approx £120 and on advice from members of this forum I ignored it as it was a free car park and I was on the line or perhaps half a wheel was just over I cannot really remember.

Reading around I find that a lot of people advise saying to ignore. However, there is a sticky that says we should not ignore.

What should I do? Can they chase something 5 years later? If it does not relate to that can they skip straight to Debt Collection without first contacting me? If i contact them can it negatively impact me?

Rossendales seem to be on a major fishing exercise.

My advice would be ignore them.

If you get something from excel come back.

Any parking charge notice from before oct 2012, then only the driver can be held liable, and the PPC have to prove who that was...

The PPCs are running scared.

They are trying to squeeze as much money out of their [problem] business model before the collapse as possible.

Any parking charge notice received before Oct 2012, only the driver can be liable for it.

It is up to the PPC to prove who the driver was...

You only need to respond to a LBA from the PPC or landowner.

A debt collector has no power to do anything.

There is no fine. A Doorstep collector has no rights, and certainly cannot take ANYTHING whatsoever from you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Shall i just ignore the letter then i don't want a debt collector coming to my door to take items to the value of the fine from excel.

Whilst they can come and knock on your door, they have absolutely no power of entry, so you can quite safely tell them to do one and ask them to leave your property. If they don't leave immediately, feel free to use whatever force is reasonable and necessary to persuade them ;)

They most certainly can't take anything that belongs to you without a court order, so no need to worry about that :)

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

there is nothing they can do after this time that will produce results for them. It could be said that the contact after a gap of 5+ years is a breach of the DPA for the storage and use of your personal data. No debt exists so why would you be considering sending these bandits any money?. Whilst it is still legal you could just warn them about your dangerous dog not being fed whilst you are on holiday!