issue with arnold clark peugeot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there, I'm very new these forums, and after reading a few posts my issue is not as drastic, but i thought id post an see if anyone can give any ideas. i bought a 2012 Peugeot 208 from a local arnold clark dealership. originally i was looking at and was shown around a brand new one, but i had to stretch the finances for the second hand one. anyway, i was told over the phone that the car was essentially the same minus sunroof and sat-nav, id already looked at online specs and was happy with what i saw. few days later i went and picked up the car a lovely looking rose quartz (subtle pink to you and me :smile:)

over the next few days as i was getting familiar with the car, i started noticing what was missing. i should say here that although i'm a 40 something guy i only sat my car test last year, and bought an old peugeot 206, so this is my first really nice and almost new car.

so, what i assumed was on the car was......

parking sensors on specs as dealer option

radio/cd player on specs as dealer option

DAB radio upgrade on specs as standard

similar options on the touchscreen as to the car id looked at

interior options I.E. armrest

the car has a radio controlled through touch screen, but it is an fm radio and reception is crap at best. no cd player, as said no DAB upgrade, touchscreen really only has the bluetooth function for phone music ect. this works great and has good sound, i like my music so i need perfection:|and no arm rest.

i've been in to dealer a few times saying i felt ripped off as if i knew none of these were on it id have paid to get them put on with extra finance i had, and the fact that i was never even offered them. they've given me quotes for some of the stuff but i don't have that money now. most things the can say are dealer discretion but the DAB radio says its standard on the specs, ive spoken to peugeot on phone an popped in to two other peugeot dealers who all said it should be on as standard, one even said he was baffled as to how/why it was removed. i had asked for a bit discount if i bought what i wanted but nothing. so now its just about getting what should definatly be there, the infamous DAB radio upgrade. can i demand they upgrade ? is there somewhere i can contact for advice or help?would i be covered by

any law around being sold something different from what i was expecting....???

When did you buy It? Sounds like a casevof misselling.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Common story if you don't buy the actual car you looked at.

Find exact model from Documents then contact peugeot and ask for a spec sheet. Then you will be able to contact Clark with sound information.

I'm rather surprised that someone with only 1 yrs driving experience places so much emphasis on playing music when driving!!!!!

PS. Quote Peugeot your vin number when contacting.

thanks for the reply, ill get the spec sheet before going any further, i like listening to the radio when im driving, and due to health reasons im off work long term sick, so going for a long drive out into the country gets me out the house. im not inexperianced in driving ive been a bike rider since 16 and only had one accident, and that was in the first month l;ol.