Arrow/reston Claimform - old HSBC loan 'debt'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I wonder if anybody can help .

My wife received a claim form from Northampton county court

from a company called arrow global in regards to an hsbc loan .

We checked up on the details and believed the loan to be statute barred .

However , we returned the form to the court stating we disputed the claim

and gave the reasons and enclosed a copy of a letter i had sent to Restons solicitors

who are acting for arrow .

After reading a similar case on here i asked for

a true copy of the credit agreement

all records held on my wife

transcripts of all telephone records by hsbc and themselves

true copies of assignment and or default notice

proof that the debt is not statute barred

any other documents they will rely on in court and a few other items

I gave them 14 days to reply and if no information was forthcoming i would report it to the court .

The court replied immediately acknowledging the defence and said they will serve a copy on the claimant

giving them 28 days to inform the court on how they wish to proceed or the claim will be stayed.

After 7 days ( today ) Restons wrote back to my wife saying she did not sign the form

only a digital signature and unless she signs it they will not acknowledge anything .

What should i do now ,

the court has acknowledged it ,

i have a signed delivery receipt from Restons and they have also sent a copy of my wifes

letter back with their letter proving they have had it

. Should my wife just write back and inform them that they only have 7 days left ?

many thanks in advance for your help

Theyre stalling.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi welcome to CAG.

I seems you may have confused two separate matters here.

1. The data you have requested is covered by separate Acts:

The Agreement by sections 77/78 of CCA 1974 (as amended).a 12 + 2 Working days time scale to comply. £1 statutory fee.

2. The Data protection Act 1980. A Subject Access Request: 40 days to comply and a £10 statutory fee. Needs to be signed.

Please post here the particulars of the claim (suitably redacted, personal data and account Nos. removed).

That aside has your wife checked her credit reference files? If not she needs to do so asap. This will give a pointer to the status of the debt.

As this claim is issued from Northampton CCBC they do not have to send documents attached to the claim.

Your wife should acknowledge the claim and state intention to defend in full.

Get the CCA request to Restons asap use the template from the CAG library for this and use signed for post.

A Postal order for £1.00 payee left blank but clearly marked for statutory fee only. No signature needed

Lastly for clarification:

Statute Barred in England & Wales = 6 clear years without any payment or unequivocal written acknowledgment of the debt..

The Six Year Clock starts ticking (for CC debts and unsecured loans) The date a contractual payment was due and not made after which no further payment or written acknowledgment was made. so for safety 1 month after the last ever payment.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Brigadier

ill send off straight away and post on here later. There has been no contact or payments for over 8 years so fingers crossed

many thanks

mark

Happy to help!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Your wife should acknowledge the claim and state intention to defend in full.

From the OP's first post it looks like the letter was the defence to the claim.

The court replied immediately acknowledging the defence and said they will serve a copy on the claimant

giving them 28 days to inform the court on how they wish to proceed or the claim will be stayed.

You really need to find out 100% if it is SB and if so use the SB defence. SB doesn't stop them attempting to obtain judgment of a debt unless you raise it in your defence.