S21 Whilst `being Lead On

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the situation. I was served a S.21 in June, giving me 2 months until 22 Aug to move out... Which all ties up....

The odd thing is that in July, the Letting Agent, offered me another contract (18 July) to which I replied "could I have a 12 month fixed AST as well as an allowance for a cat"...

Nothing was heard from for weeks, until yesterday that I was told that I was NOT being offered a new tenancy and that the S.21 is in offer?

Can I do anything about this when it comes to the letting agent? I'm a little lost as one moment I was offered one thing and the next another?!?

The Letting agent event went as far as sending me a draft copy of the contract to go through before I actually signed it?!?±

Cheers,

A

You can challenge the Section 21 on the grounds that a new agreement was offered, however you would have to prove that it was offered.

You would need to take it to court, in order to challenge the Section 21 using the N244 form.

If new s21 was included with offer letter of 18 July, its valid expiry date should be c 22 Sept.

Maybe LA is just angling for renewal fee, LL may be content with SPT.

Adri you do not make it easy without giving AST start dates, duration of fixed term and rent due frequency. With over 1000 posts, you are hardly a newbie.