Arrow and Small Claims Court, Scotland

GinaOh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not hopeful there is a solution at this stage, as I have left it too late to do much, so that's my own fault! I'm terrible for just pretending the problem isn't there :|

I guess I just have to pay up and avoid going to court. The return date on the court summons is August 15th and calling date is August 29th.

But if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

I received a Small Claims Summons, a few weeks back now. Was surprised as I have no knowledge of this debt or the company making this claim, which is Arrow Global Guernsey, who apparently bought this debt from Phoenix Recoveries in 2011. It states on the court summons, that Phoenix provided goods to me on or around 22nd May 2004 for the sum of £123.58 and that is the amount they are claiming, plus court costs, total of £249.11. Obviously Phoenix did not "provide" goods to me, as they too are a debt collector, so I have no knowledge of where the original debts comes from. I would guess it was prior to 2004 though.

I do know/remember in 2004, I went through a tough time with one of my boys taking seriously ill and subsequently having a bone marrow transplant. I'm more than aware I accumulated a number of small debts. I thought all had been settled and cannot access my Noodle account at the moment.

Many thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry this was missed, did you reply by the return date.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I'm not hopeful there is a solution at this stage, as I have left it too late to do much, so that's my own fault! I'm terrible for just pretending the problem isn't there :|

I guess I just have to pay up and avoid going to court. The return date on the court summons is August 15th and calling date is August 29th.

But if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, it would be much appreciated.

I received a Small Claims Summons, a few weeks back now. Was surprised as I have no knowledge of this debt or the company making this claim, which is Arrow Global Guernsey, who apparently bought this debt from Phoenix Recoveries in 2011. It states on the court summons, that Phoenix provided goods to me on or around 22nd May 2004 for the sum of £123.58 and that is the amount they are claiming, plus court costs, total of £249.11. Obviously Phoenix did not "provide" goods to me, as they too are a debt collector, so I have no knowledge of where the original debts comes from. I would guess it was prior to 2004 though.

I do know/remember in 2004, I went through a tough time with one of my boys taking seriously ill and subsequently having a bone marrow transplant. I'm more than aware I accumulated a number of small debts. I thought all had been settled and cannot access my Noodle account at the moment.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,

Have you at any time in the last 5 years (I'm presuming you are in Scotland) made any payment or written acknowledgment of this alleged debt?

If not then the debt is statute barred in Scotland and is extinguished. This is a complete defence to this claim.

Is Arrow Global using a solicitor for the court action?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: