advice for Ipswich Staples car park

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently on a visit to the Staples in Ipswich, I came out to discover I had a parking ticket.

As I was running late I didn't have time to go back in the store to dispute this,

so returned some hours later to dispute it with the manager there.

He was a very unhelpful individual, and said I must have broken some of the T&Cs.

I wrote to Staples customer service department,

who although very prompt in their reply,

said the car park was managed by a parking company and nothing to do with them.

I wrote back several times to the customer service team saying it needed to be escalated higher up in the organisation,

but got very polite I'm sorry there's nothing we can do replies.

I found out who the director for the UK staples was and emailed him directly.

Although I never got a reply from him,

out of the blue I got another email from customer services saying that they will be contacting the parking company to get the ticket overturned.

I don't want to post his name or email in a public forum,

but contact me directly if you need to adopt the same approach.

I don't want to post his name or email in a public forum, but contact me directly if you need to adopt the same approach.

Why not I expect it is all over the internet and easily found out

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Have you had written confirmation that the charge notice has been cancelled?

Which PPC is it?

You seem to have spent more time than you needed to, writing numerous times to different people, and then asking people to privately contact you....

no it is not

Well as you know cag is all about a open forum and do not encourage discussing things by private message

As anyone on the web may not be who they say they are

We know how to deal with private parking so your theory is flawed

I wish you luck

I wish you luck

think I have to disagree

at the end of the day its about sorting out the issue, which benn133 has done so hes got a result so that's a win in my book

as my old mum would say

"Theres more than one way to skin a cat"

Just for info, the director of staples is available online.

john.wilson@staples.eu

This name may be out of date as of 19/02/2014 a new director was appointed

MR COEN BOEVÉ

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have you had written confirmation that the charge notice has been cancelled?

Which PPC is it?

You seem to have spent more time than you needed to, writing numerous times to different people, and then asking people to privately contact you....

the PPC was JAS parking solutions, and yes I had written confirmation from both Staples head office and from JAS that the charge had been cancelled

On your point about spending more time than need to, I need to point out that my vehicle is a lease car, and when I spoke to the leasing company, they informed me that any parking charges they received whether from a council or a PPC they would pay, and then pass the charge on with an admin fee. Therefore I could not adopt the usual strategy promoted on these forums of just ignore, which I would have done had I personally been the registered keeper of the vehicle.

Well as you know cag is all about a open forum and do not encourage discussing things by private message

As anyone on the web may not be who they say they are

I wish you luck

you know how to deal with PPC when you are the registered keeper of the vehicle.

When you are not the RK the normally strategy of just ignore because its not enforceable does not work.

My method was also less stressful, of having debt collectors and made up solicitors writing threatening letters which can go on for over a year, this was dealt with within a week.

more than one way to string a cat

Why are some people so secretive on this thread?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Who knows but the op is requesting that people contact him or her directly as they have the answers

But never believe anyone on the internet they may not be who they say they are

I thought CAG was a open forum

The result for the OP is the one they wanted but unfortunately, if you are reading tis thread for ways of defeating claims from PPC's isnt the normal method of how to go about it and will lose you valuable time if the parking co has followed the procedures. Appeal to the company as well as taking other action by all means but not as a stand alone.

Who knows but the op is requesting that people contact him or her directly as they have the answers

But never believe anyone on the internet they may not be who they say they are

I thought CAG was a open forum

Quite so, IHB. We never recommend advice by PM unless there are very confidential details involved. This doesn't happen often and even if certain information is kept private, we like to see as much as possible on the public thread for obvious reasons.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum