style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lived in Private Rented Housing for 17 years,and recently was advised by the Land Agent that my £900 deposit was being transferred into renting housing deposit scheme as required by recent changes in the law,and the amount being transferred was the £900 deposit +£427 interest,which is very nice however,it is unclear as to whether I can ask for the interest element to be paid to me now as a one off payment

Any idea's

Thanks FS

You can always ask? ( deposit does not need to be protected unless you signed a contract after April 2007; in that case it should of been protected before May 2012, and you can sue if it was not! ).

Many thanks for your reply,my contract goes back 17 years when first signed. The land agents felt it was a good idea to sign up to a deposit scheme for all of their tenants.as most of us have been tenants for a very long period

Thanks

FS

You can always ask? ( deposit does not need to be protected unless you signed a contract after April 2007; in that case it should of been protected before May 2012, and you can sue if it was not! ).

All deposits from tenancies created before 2007 have to be protected, if subsequent to the change in law in 2007, the tenancy became a statutory periodic tenancy.