Robinsons Way [HPH2 ltd]- fake payment - old Cap1 debt - help

reverof
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3482 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Let us know how it goes rev. :)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I make the point again re reading the thread which clearly states " CASH PAYMENTS"!

I'm sorry. I still don't follow your point. What difference does it make that it's a cash payment. If it's SB it's SB and I don't see how a cash payment changes that? It proves nothing. We might think it's highly suspect but it's no proof of anything as far as I can tell.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm sorry. I still don't follow your point. What difference does it make that it's a cash payment. If it's SB it's SB and I don't see how a cash payment changes that? It proves nothing. We might think it's highly suspect but it's no proof of anything as far as I can tell.

The point is simple RW claim a number of Cash Payments were made by an " authorised representative" (fictitious it seems) so how can Rev check that He has not paid it in some way?

On alleged payment was made the day after RW received the SB letter.

These have not come via a bank account.

End of:

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for reply caro,

I had a big response as to be honest point 5 and 6 on letter are questions but realised :

a) I do not want to be banned by you No danger of that happening

b) I don't need to argue with you or any other helpful member - i will take all adivce on board and send what I need to them I didn't think you were arguing and see nothing wrong in people expressing different views. I always think it's best to consider all the options and do what's best for you.

c) I will be direct with them as even if this does go further as they say , their legs they need to stand on are missing. Fair enough. :)

d) PMs have been whats on the thread which I don't think is a problem, just asked brigadier to look at thread and he posted on thread Fine. I did notice that Brig was responding to your PM and assumed his response was on the thread.

Appreciate all the help form other that have posted

Good luck.

If they have said that payments have been made - either by an authorised or unauthorised 3rd party, then they are required to prove this.

If they cant and they are making these payments up at that point you can start waving the flag and jumping up and down.

Until they either refuse or are unable to provide this evidence, then anything untoward is purely speculation.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Given the current ownership of RW and those involved a little more than speculation in my very humble personal opinion.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks for your messages

Understand what you mean citizenB however when they have twice said payments were made and when asked to prove it they say "cash paid to us" i think its obvious whats happening and not speculation. Would only be speculation if i had paid anything or authrorised someone - however I see what you mean until they actually say or show a document that is false its not solid yet.

Anyways i will of course wait till i hear from them, either apologising or getting themselves into more trouble as i know it is a complete fabrication.

Also of course they have to tell me who paid and provide proof as you all taught me it is their responsibility to prove non sb status

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a update on this as been away recently

- received a letter from them for outcome to my complaint

saying they had made a mistake and consider the matter closed

and as the debt is statute barred

they say they have referred it back to the original client

Thank you all for your help with this ,

these companies need to learn that if they make up information like this people will fight back.

I dont know if there is something I can do to make sure they dont do it to others

but for now thanks to everyone that helped me win !

hoho usual admin mistake!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Very interesting .. Glad it is all sorted. I have to say the devious lengths these companies will go to ... leaves a bad taste in your mouth!

WON lloyds walked away after second hearing £10,000 2014

WON Mbna after 3rd hearing £5,000, 2014

WON Barclaycard 1st hearing £2015, 4,500

For me I think it was also for them to be able to say - "you made payments last year" if I had not noticed

I hope this helps others who get these bogus letters and realized until you officially complain it will never get sorted.

Just a update on this as been away recently

- received a letter from them for outcome to my complaint

saying they had made a mistake and consider the matter closed

and as the debt is statute barred

they say they have referred it back to the original client

Thank you all for your help with this ,

these companies need to learn that if they make up information like this people will fight back.

I dont know if there is something I can do to make sure they dont do it to others

but for now thanks to everyone that helped me win !

Responding to PM,

Your thanks are much appreciated Rev!

I don't think this will crop up again, you have the RW response in the very unlikely chance it does.

Good result Rev!!

Yep,

I can imagine the scenario they expound though,

some bloke walks into their office and says

"I would like to place £100 on Dodgy Des in the 6.30 at Wimbledon"

and instead of telling him to try the bookies next door

they take his money and ascribe it to the account of someone at random

and you were the lucky person.

Good job the short-sighted punter didnt pick a winning dog or Robbers Way would have to add another £600 to the debt.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

Just when I thought a OFFICIAL complaint where they admit it SB closes the matter I am very annoyed just got a letter from Rob Way again this time with tittle "Proposed Reconnection Visit" where a "Field Manager" can help me reconnect with them.

Talks about meeting on a set date to discuss repayment and also that i can call them if i do not want the meeting etc

Can they still do this even after they admitted through complaints procedure that its SB?

Any help appreciated this after they faked payments and had to apologise for it , this cant be legal now surely?

Thanks for any advice thought these scumbags were dealt with last time

SB in E&W simply means it cant be taken through court

it is still 'collectable'

they can 'ask' for payment

you can tell them to bugger off

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply dx much appreiacted

Just do not like the idea of them trying to get me to call in to cancel a home visit that they setup randomly, so is there a standard "get lost" letter for door visits? - to make them aware I will not entertain it and the debt is SB as already agreed by them in complaint previously

Also since they have already been caught out making up fake payments does the fact i have to potentially complain again make any difference or is this a separate matter in the eyes of the debt collection regulators?

they try and get away with anything

until

there wings are clipped

then new conc rules are interesting reading.

there a doorstep letter in the library DCA section to left.

dx

and they

and they

Thanks Dx just to confirm is it this letter with the Blue part added : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387434-Follow-up-Letter-where-Statute-Barred-Debt-is-still-being-pursued.-(update-21.04.2014)

Also I do not understand something, this part of the letter :

I would point out that in their Consumer Credit sourcebook, the Financial Conduct Authority states the following rules:

"...a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland if the lender or owner has not been in contact with the customer during the limitation period." 7.15.4

"A firm must not continue to demand payment from a customer after the customer has stated that he will not be paying the debt because it is statute barred." 7.15.8

If I have already been through complaints procedure and they have agreed the debt is SB - are they not breaking the law now ?

How are they allowed to "chase" a debt they have already agreed is SB?

Really appreciate any help ,

still cant believe a firm can make up payments,

have to admit mistake and SB,

then still do this.