"White Book 2013" and "White Book 2014"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The White Book is published every year, the court is unlikely still to be using an old version (depending when the new edition is available to the Court). Not sure what exact updates have occurred between the two editions, but would suspect that the 73rd update referred to in the hyperlink to your text would not be in the 2014 edition but would be in a cumulative update. On the other hand all the current rules and practice directions are accessible for free on the Ministry of Justice website.

The publisher's website gives a summary of what's included in the 2014 edition: http://www.sweetandmaxwell.co.uk/whitebook/contents.aspx

In England advise is a verb (a doing word) advise/advising/advised, advice is a noun. I might ask for advice or give advice.

The same with license (verb) license/licensing/licensed, but one would have a driving licence (noun).

On my link http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil there are several The Statutory Instrument and The Practice Direction Making Document these are various pdf's two of which seen here

I have looked at the above Justice website link and none of these apply to my claim.

I have looked at your link on Sweet & Maxwell and a lot them either refer back to the 2013 edition or earlier or they are covered in the Justice.gov link.

So I think between us we have solved the question.

Thanks for the link

Hi There People

Does anybody know of the difference between the "White Book 2013" and "White Book 2014"

All I can come up with is this link from the Justice website;

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil

Is a "White Book 2013" still in use in the County Court ?

They should all be using the 2014 editions now.

It's simply an update on earlier versions.

I don't think there have been any major changes to the CPR. The new White Book will have new case law in it. You won't be able to find a comprehensive list of all the changes online. The most significant development over the past year has been case law suggesting a stricter approach to parties who breach court orders, mainly by filing things late without any good reason ... however there is still very much a case-by-case approach.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

There's been at least 7 or 8 updates since the 2013 edition including some very major changes stemming from the Jackson Reforms. I've got copies of both in front of me.

That being said even the 2014 edition is out of date now! :D

This is why I always use the online version through Westlaw. Hard-copy always seems to be out of date. Its a real shame that the White Book is not easily available to litigants in person.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Absolutely the online version is the best, especially considering the books cost upwards of £500.

The only problem with the online version is that, unlike the book, when you're in front of a Judge you can't just take him to the appropriate page when you're trying to refer to a certain section of the CPR.

“Err excuse me your Honour I am just waiting to get the Wi-Fi signal and when my laptop has booted up I will be able to give you an answer.”

OR

I could just go ahead and use the White Book 2013 edition.

“Sorry your Honour there is no Wi-Fi signal anyway”

The term "Contempt of Court" springs to mind while the rest of thepublic gallery are in stitches.

"Ganymede Or you print out the relevant CPR and take it with you"

How will I know what CPR is likely to be coming up ?

I can have a laptop and a printer back at the hotel, and have it printed out for the following day.

I suppose I could ask the defendants solicitor if I can borrow his :!: