forced voluntary work.

bcham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

In what sense then was Reilly in control when she could unilaterally be taken off the placement that she arranged for herself and mandated to take one chosen for her?

That is my point, the court ruled the job center were incorrect in doing just that. IT SHOULD NOT have happened.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

That is my point, the court ruled the job center were incorrect in doing just that. IT SHOULD NOT have happened.

The Court of Appeal did not rule that Reilly should not have been mandated; in fact they ruled that the DWP were entitled to do just that. They ruled on the fact that she was not given adequate details of the terms and conditions.

This takes us back to square one. The document you provided the link to says:

“It is up to advisers and their managers to decide who is appropriate for referral to MWA”.

“MWA is mandatory for all claimants who are referred”.

“There is no voluntary access to MWA”.

So the facts remain; If the claimant chooses to take on voluntary work they are not on MWA. Advisers and managers can decide at any time to refer them to MWA.

Control rests at all times with the adviser, not the claimant. There is no point in a JSA claimant’s sojourn in this vale of tears where he/she can be said to control or police what happens to them.

When I was on benefits and sent to a work provider they wanted me to do voluntary work - I luckily got a one afternoon a week voluntary job which was in my chosen area throught a contact - this work also provided me with a CRB check and some other much needed documentation.

I think 'forcing' people to do voluntary work is completely wrong, it should be left for people with absolutely NO work experience.

I have 40 odd years work experience (I am 45) so should I become unemployed again I will point this out if somebody shouts 'work experience'.

When I was on benefits and sent to a work provider they wanted me to do voluntary work - I luckily got a one afternoon a week voluntary job which was in my chosen area throught a contact - this work also provided me with a CRB check and some other much needed documentation.

I think 'forcing' people to do voluntary work is completely wrong, it should be left for people with absolutely NO work experience.

I have 40 odd years work experience (I am 45) so should I become unemployed again I will point this out if somebody shouts 'work experience'.

I know you worked hard but five years old seems a bit young to start. lol..

I know you worked hard but five years old seems a bit young to start. lol..

Chimney sweeps, fluff collectors (cotton mills), water babes - The employment opportunities for small children are endless.

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.