Civil Enforcement Ltd Claim Form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all it's been a while since I have used the forum but have always received good advice when I have.

I have received a N1 claim form through the door from Northampton County Court with

the claimant Civil Enforcement Limited apparently claiming for damages from breach of contract.

I will attach the pictures of the letter.

I do not remember this incident as it's from over a year ago.

It's been sent to an old address which I haven't lived at for some years but as it was a works van

then the company will of given them the last address they had for me.

Obviously it's the first I have heard of any of this as the person at the old address doesn't generally forward letters on

but since they could see it was from a court they did this one!

I am adamant I never entered into a contract with these people and wish to submit a defence

but need some advice as to how to go about it.

Any advice would be much lay appreciated!

Sorry but you will have to find a different way to post the documents. Use PDF format. I'm sure that if you look at your JPEG is you will see that they are far too small to read.

On a side note, I have to say that any company which calls itself "Civil Enforcement Limited" has got to be pushing the limits when it comes to acceptable company names. Somebody ought to contact Companies House and suggests that this name is misleading or in some other way breaches their rules.

• Confused 1

Private car park Claim. Can you give us some background on it. It's easily defended, but we need to know the circumstances surrounding it first.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi thanks for your reply.

Other than the information in my first post I don't really have anything else.

I don't remember this incident as it's from 16 months ago and

I have had no correspondence as it's being sent to an old address.

I use the car park maybe three times a year and other than its a co op and it used to be pay and display but apparently it all changed.

Thye Co-op are trying to rid themselves of this bunch of sharks so the contract between CEL and the co-op wont be doing them any favours. Respond to the claim by saying you intend to defend the claim in full and that will buy you more time and get CEL to have to pay more money for the allocation fee. The hearing will be at your nearwest court so make sure that you supply the correct address for the service of documents.

Write to the co-op HQ for the society that owns the store and ask for sight of the contract.

When you get the next set of court docs you will be doing the same to CEL but it will be interesting to see if the Co-op have a different version.