Pawn Broker changing interest rate when renewing

biggeorge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title says.

Just been to renew my pawn shop loan (gold chains) and for the first time in years at least 5 been a customer they have changed the contract and raised the interest on me.

Never in 5 years has this happened, the contract is just renewed with the same terms as the original but this time they have increased the interest.

I had no choice but to sign as otherwise I would have lost my gold in 2 days.

Can they change the contract on me like this making me pay out more each month in interest.

Interest on the original loan was set at £12.50 and now its gone up to £13.89, While its not much it all adds up over the 6 months.

Anyone any ideas if this can be classed as unfair terms so I can raise the matter with the fos.

My wife and I do have quite a few pledges with the same company and if this is going to happen all the time we will never be able to afford to get the gold out.

Regards

George

They can change the interest but they should give good notice that they are doing so. It's a downside of pawn shops.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No notice at all, Went in to pay off the loan interest for the last 7 months £99.97 (extra month too), Interest was set at £12.50 per month

New agreement made up (New change of ownership) and the interest rate had increased to £13.89, Only notice I got was

assistant saying thats your interest and 6 months to get it out., Didn't state it was going up at all.

Just priced up all our tickets and we are plainly f***** , 12 tickets between us and close to £2500 if run to term or just under

£2000 to get them out now. Most of it sentimental so not something we can just let go.

George