few questions about being sacked

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3621 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi old poster here but had to go by different user name for this because it would be as plain as the nose on your face who I am

employee on holiday (common knowledge they are abroad) while on holiday letter sent by recorded delivery letter inviting them to an informal meeting regarding there lateness and sickness at the start of there first shift back

obviously they didn't get the letter (there was a card from the postman but didn't have time to go collect it )

can they say in there appeal letter

I was not formally invited to a disciplinary meeting in writing

HI

More info required

Length of service with employer.

Did they "offically" return to work from sick before their holiday or just go on holiday?

Some places require you to inform them that you are going on holiday and that your sickness period has come to an end.

If they did not inform the employer officially that they had returned from sick and were now about to go on holiday then the employer could consider the employee was still sick and at home.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

they had been back from sick about 6 weeks they booked the holiday time off

they haven't been there a year so we know they can do what they want however they intend to go the company's grievance procedure

When did letter "arrive"

"what date was the meeting"

Why does title say "sacked" when the meeting mentioned is INFORMAl and therefore not even a investigatory

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

the letter was sent 7 days before the meeting took 3 days to arrive (according to the postman note saying there was a recorded deliver letter ) they didn't see the letter as they didn't go to the post office to collect it obviously they didn't know it from there work

because she was sacked after the meeting

I really cant say much (and I know its very difficult to get advice when you are not aware of the full facts )

ohhh there was investigation about something else (much much more serious ) than time keeping I believe there witness statements as well I believe (the employee didn't see them was only told about them)

Meeting halted so the questions could be changed

meeting notes ripped up and put in the bin

but if I put the full facts up here it would be very easy to figure out who I am and I know for a fact they read these forums as I have directed work colleges here many times in the past

and if I put the full facts on here you wouldn't believe half of it

Edited by old frend

Pretty much no hope with that length of service. Technically the employer doesn't even have to hear an appeal. Your friend can say they didn't get the letter but not that it wasn't sent.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Pretty much no hope with that length of service. Technically the employer doesn't even have to hear an appeal. Your friend can say they didn't get the letter but not that it wasn't sent.

we know there is very little /nothing they can do however they do have contract and that contract gives them the right to appeal so that's what they intend to do

thanks for that I will put they didn't get the letter and why they didn't get it