Sent someone else's info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, hope someone can help, I'm trying to find an e-mail address to complain to EE or Orange to, I'm not sure which one I'll need to go through for this complaint.

I sent an online request to unlock my husbands phone 3 days ago and woke up this morning to an email to unlock a phone, but it was someone else's full name, phone number, different phone and IMEI number. While I've since received an email with the details to unlock my husbands phone, I'm very worried that I've got someone else's details sent to me.

The phone we've got was locked to Orange but I went through the EE website to unlock it.

While I'm not the one whose details have gone astray here I still feel the need to inform someone that somethings gone wrong herer :(

Many thanks anyway,

Stage D

Hi StageD

Orange have breached Principle 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998, even if it was an error.

http://ico.org.uk/for_organisations/data_protection/the_guide/the_principles

Complain to Orange, send it to:-

Mr Olaf Swantee

Chief Executive

Orange UK

olaf.swantee@ee.co.uk

If Orange aren't interested, contact the ICO.

http://ico.org.uk/for_the_public

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to get some advice. I've had no response from the email I sent and its been just over a week now. Where should I go from here? Email again, or email someone else? The guy whose info I was sent by Orange called them up and got his money back for unlocking his phone, and while that would be welcome it doesn't fix the inherent problem :-\

Hi StageD

Send it again, COPY it to as well:-

Deirdre Burns

Retail Director

Everything Everywhere

deirdre.burns@ee.co.uk

Hey guys, just wanted to get some advice. I've had no response from the email I sent and its been just over a week now. Where should I go from here? Email again, or email someone else? The guy whose info I was sent by Orange called them up and got his money back for unlocking his phone, and while that would be welcome it doesn't fix the inherent problem :-\

• 11 months later...

Hey all, dragging this up after almost a year but it still niggles at me a bit. I received a reply after sending one to the above email from the 'Executive Office'.

It basically said they acknowledged my email and that I had received another customers details, and he in turn yet another customers, they were taking it very seriously and were going to fully investigate it. They appreciated my brining it to their attention, but they would be 'unable to confirm the outcome of our investigation or on what action we will look to take with any individual concerned going forward'.

I guess my bugbear with this is that I'll never know if they actually have made any changes to how things are handled, or if it was just something to fob me off. Do I have any standing to say 'hang on, that's not good enough, where's your proof our details are safe with you?'

I had someone else's details sent to me a while ago but didn't bother complaining as I don't think they give a jot.

Maybe I should have.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

If an individual within EE had caused this issue by human error, then this would obviously be raised the individual with an outcome of needing more training, disciplinary, sacked, etc. For EE to then go back to a customer and say "Thanks for reporting it, we've now sacked/disciplined the guy" would be a breach of employment law. Therefore, it's not surprising that they said they cannot confirm with you the outcome.

I'm not sure what sort of response or proof you would be wanting from them TBH.