style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This may sound silly, but the other day i was on a site that apparently wants me to upgrade to a later version. my question is how do i know what version my computer has on it currently? i have no idea where to find this information so i dont even know if i have the latest one for my windows system or not. does anyone know also if theres a charge for upgrading to the latest version? although ive had this computer for a while its mainly been used for games and stuff which is why i only recently got the internet as my games are cd based and havent needed online.

help

about

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dragonlight

To check which version of Internet Explorer IE you have installed do the following:

1. Open Internet Explorer First

2. Go to the Top Right of the Screen and look for the "COG WHEEL" next to a STAR and Click the COG Wheel.

3. Go down to "ABOUT INTERNET EXPLORER" and Click.

4. It should open a screen displaying what version of Inernet Explorer you have installed (Note - This screen also has a Tick Box to enable IE to automatically install new versions)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Also consider other browsers as IE isnt very secure.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Alternatives for Windows include s Firefox, for security the conscious SRWare Iron others include Maxthon and Avant Browser, and Google Chrome (full of adware and nagware these days.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I prefer google chrome, especially after it's been modded.

Sadly my employer thinks IE is a lot more secure, faster and easier to use, simply because it's from microsoft. So in my day job im subjected to the torture of using it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

i actually find ie ok, used with fanboy adblock/tracking list and active x filtering on. addons can be disabled, and the security settings are just as customisable (perhaps for the more technical). as are the privacy settings.

but, i do use fox more, with noscript. but usually when a site doesn't work prop there, then use ie ok.

have tried some of those others mentioned, but didnt get on with them.

i actually find ie ok, used with fanboy adblock/tracking list and active x filtering on. addons can be disabled, and the security settings are just as customisable (perhaps for the more technical). as are the privacy settings.

but, i do use fox more, with noscript. but usually when a site doesn't work prop there, then use ie ok.

have tried some of those others mentioned, but didnt get on with them.

I think the answer is to use the browser you get on with but be "Hill Street Blues" about it and be careful out there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 1 month later...
Alternatives for Windows include s Firefox, for security the conscious SRWare Iron others include Maxthon and Avant Browser, and Google Chrome (full of adware and nagware these days.

The most stable browser by far is Chrome. It's the fastest, and the most upto date with CSS / HTML. Firefox has so many issues, eventually for everyone you will get problems with it crashing.

Windows 8 was a flop. No one should be using it.

We've had to stop clients from using FireFox due to the issues. No one single reported issue with Chrome since we changed them over.

IE on the other hand, people still insist in using it, but complain when the PC slows right down after opening more than 15 tabs. Something IE can't handle too well.

I don't have problems with Firefox crashing at all - so I can't see where JoeyJoeC is coming from here - and I am quite 'teccy'.

I'm not even running a very high spec laptop either, but I do regular disc housekeeping just to keep things running smoothly.

Can you explain to me what problems it eventually causes - because I certainly don't have any problems.

It freezes when you open loads of tabs, but seems to depend on Operating System and machine. On my desktop PC Firefox is 100% stable in Linux, and Windows 7, on my laptop it freezes in LUbuntu, but Midori is rock solid. Could be a memory issue as the PC has 16 Gb RAM, but the lappy only 4. Both machines run 64 bit OS.

My lappy has a humble 2 gb and runs Windows 7, I've had 6 tabs running fine in Firefox, okay I haven't had applications running in them, just browsing windows... still can''t seem to find a need for more than 2 gb, all I really do on my lappy is emails, the odd bit of word processing, listen to audio books and occasionally play Farm Heros Saga.