B&Q Flood Prevention Products

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following the floods in late 2013 and early 2014, some B&Q stores are selling flood products under the name of 'Floodtite'. I bought a product called a 'Floodtite Panseal' which is designed to be used in a toilet to prevent backflow of sewage during a flood.

I bought two of these from two B&Q stores and a third from Wickes but none of them would even pump up. It is required that they be pumped up to form a seal in the toilet. Each time I tried to pump up the Panseal, it leaked between the pump and the connector. Both B&Q stores have withdrawn the product from sale until the problems is sorted out. I am not sure yet if Wickes has yet done the same.

I cannot comment on the other flood products sold by B&Q but they are all made by the same company - Floodtite - and cannot be tested since most are one-time use products. But based on my experience with the Panseal, I would be very wary about buying any Floodtite product.

Has anyone else had similar problems with the Panseal?

Thanks for your reply reply rebel11. I got my money back OK. I just wanted to warn others who may have bought or are considering buying the same product. There appears to be a design fault which means the Panseal will not pump up. The two B&Q stores are referring the problem to their quality department for assessment. The name of the company is Floodtite - that is all I know. You can find the Panseal on the B&Q website - it costs £34.98p but Wickes price is £45.00p

Both B&Q and Wickes website show a photo of a product with the name 'Aquatite' but it seems that should now read 'Floodtite'. The pump that comes with the Panseal just will not work so I used an ordinary bike pump to pump it up and that sort of worked - the problem was I still could not get an effective seal under the toilet rim, so it seems pretty useless really.

I have seen a similar product on eBay but I don't want to purchase from an eBay seller. I am now considering a one way valve in the sewer but these can be either £100 or £900 depending on the type of sewer pipe I have (so I am told) and the company won't know until they do a survey (which costs £100 + VAT) At least the Panseal could be tested (to some extent) - I don't know how I could test a one-way valve.

Edited by Who Are They?