Clothes brought off a company on ebay

The GodMother
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3619 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

On March 24th this year l brought of a registered business seller on ebay 6 pairs of maternity leggings. I understand u get what u pay for and l only paid $4 a pair recieved them on the 27th. Within the 13 weeks of having them they have all started to fall apart and not where l would expect. One pair is so bad l have had to throw them out.

They have started to come away in the inside leg one pair on one side its so bad its gone up the leg then started to come away at the crotch. All 6 pairs are now doing this.

I understand l dont have one pair anymore but do l have any rights re the clothes. the sellers page says this:-

RETURN/EXCHANGE

We want to ensure you are totally satisfied when shopping with us so, if you change your mind for any reason, you are able to report an unopened item to us for Return within 14 days of it being despatched to you.

In the unlikely event of an item being received damaged or faulty you have 28 days from date of despatch to report this to us for Return.

To arrange a return please contact us and we will be more than happy to arrange this for you. All you need to tell us is which item you wish to return and the reason why.

We will process your refund / replacement as soon as your item is received back into our shop.

Could l argue the goods are not fit for purpose. Tho the problem is if l send them back l have nothing to wear clothes wise that would fit me

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

You shouldnt have thrown them out as you cant prove they werent "of merchantable quality and fit for purpose". You say you paid $4 so did you buy them from abroad? if so UK law doesnt apply so dont bother.

I have other pairs that ar in similar but not as bad state. It is ment to say 4 pounds but for some reason the pound sign is not working on this site. God knows why.

Do you think l should contact them then.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I have mailed the seller and heard nothing. Ebay wont help as its been over 45 days.

I am pregnant so l am going to wear the pregnancy clothes. Yes l wear a pair a day but even then they should no go threw in 13 weeks. The lot from my previous pregnancy did not wear threw at all

I am pregnant so l am going to wear the pregnancy clothes. Yes l wear a pair a day but even then they should no go threw in 13 weeks. The lot from my previous pregnancy did not wear threw at all

You bought someone else's maternity clothes, that they probably wore as much as you. They were fine when you got them, but your life style wore hem out. Nothing to do with the seller. You paid next to nothing for them, and got over 3 months use out of them, definitely nothing you can do about that.

You bought someone else's maternity clothes, that they probably wore as much as you. They were fine when you got them, but your life style wore hem out. Nothing to do with the seller. You paid next to nothing for them, and got over 3 months use out of them, definitely nothing you can do about that.

I take it you have not read my post. At no point have l stated the leggings are secondhand. I have stated very clearly the seller is a registed business seller they are a business that operates on and off ebay have a VAT number and are a ltd company.

• 2 weeks later...

You may have a right to complain but your rights are only as good as your ability to enforce them.

Try reporting the seller to their local trading standards if no joy to your complaint.

Thanks Hanc. I did not no you had replied as l got no notification and its not showing up in my CP.

I have contacted TS but they have advised me to speak to ebay who dont want to no.

Maybe take the matter up with Citizens advice then.

I spoke to them they keep saying persue TS. No one is willing to help me with this