atos medical lasts 5 minutes - ** PUT IN SUPPORT GROUP **

angiemt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3633 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hy

i wonder if anyone can help , I went for my atos medical today , they were a hour behind ?? , when i eventually got to see the examiner , he said as you have a few medical conditions i will do one at a time . my first was I have bile acid malabsorption , he asked me how it affects me , how often i go to toilet , how many accidents a day/night i have , he punched this into the computer , than after 2 mins , left the room saying he would only be a minute , he came back in and said ok you can go , my last medical took a hour and a half , this one 5 minutes , he did not ask me about any other health problems.

I am totally confused as to why he did not ask about any of my other disabilities , can anyone help

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Unfortunately, until you receive the report, no one knows and everything we say will be speculation.

I know it's hard, but try not to worry until you receive the decision and then come back for help if you need it.

:angiemt:

Occasionally, during the course of an interview, an Atos assessor realises that a recommendation of limited capability for work related activity can be made on the basis of oral evidence already obtained from the claimant. Especially if there's supportive medical evidence, or previous evidence already held on LIMA. (Atos computer system.) Under such circumstances, after consultation with a senior colleague, the assessor can terminate the interview and send an ESA85A report back to Jobcentreplus.

From what you've written it's a possibility (stress on the word 'possibility' here) the assessor decided that whilst conscious, at least once a week you experience;

'loss of control leading to extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or voiding of the bladder, or

substantial leakage of the contents of a collecting device sufficient to require the individual to clean themselves and change clothing.'

Should an assessor be of the opinion that a claimant meets one of the descriptors of limited capability for work related activity (support component) that's enough for a recommendation. But it still has to be ratified by a Jobcentreplus decision maker. And the assessor should have explained the he had enough info to conclude the interview. :roll:

Copy of the ESA85A report should be available on request from your benefit delivery centre from two working days after the assessment. If you've not received it within a week, repeat your request in writing.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thanks for reply , I did not ask for it to be recorded ?? All he said was I will go through your problems one at a time , so could take a while , but after the acid bile malapsorption questions , he left came back and said I could go , I said is that it and he said yes , did I want to claim expenses and said goodbye , ?? . Someone wrote somewhere if your in for less than 20 minutes it means failed ,

How long does it take to get a letter back , again thanks for your help

Hi angiemt

It doesn't mean that at all, he might have gone away to look up further info on 'acid bile malapsorption' and what their manual says about it. Think positive, I don't think there is a set time for them to get back to you after an assessment. Just be patient, once you get a letter post the result here for further input if needed.

Thanks for reply , I did not ask for it to be recorded ?? All he said was I will go through your problems one at a time , so could take a while , but after the acid bile malapsorption questions , he left came back and said I could go , I said is that it and he said yes , did I want to claim expenses and said goodbye , ?? . Someone wrote somewhere if your in for less than 20 minutes it means failed ,

Yes, be very careful about things that "someone wrote somewhere" - people say and write all kinds of things and there's a lot of nonsense talked. I agree with Margaret - best guess would be that the assessor felt he already had enough evidence to support a LCWRA recommendation and continuing the assessment would serve no purpose. That is, of course, just a guess.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 3 weeks later...

received letter today been put in support group , i was in wrag group up until november 2013 , but after 12 months money stopped , i filled my form for atos in november 2013 had medical may 2014 they have said i get £324 pounds back dated to may , so happy im in support group but not that i had no money from november 2013 , but cant have it all i suppose ,

thanks to all for replies

• Haha 1