style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Somewhere in the depths of my memory I seem to remember that a member of rightsnet took a case to a Tribunal over the delays in the claimant not being assessed by the 13th week. I seem to remember that the case was won on the basis that from the legislation it was incumbent upon the DWP to make a decision by the 13th week. Effectively the claimant was placed in the WRAG from week 14 even though the DWP had not got round to making any decision or having an assessment carried out.

I'll see if I can find the case, but as it was only a 1st Tier Tribunal, the decision is not a stated case for others to follow.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone to for all your help.....I didn't get a lettere from anyone , ATOS or ESA except for one from ESA telling me my Drs Certificate was about to run out!

ESA told me the delay on my claim was caused by my GP who didn't respond to a letter they sent in February until October 10th. This didn't sound right, I checked with my GP and they didnt get anything from ESA until September 7th. Taking into account annual leave, I thought a month to reply from my GP wasn't bad. Perhaps I misheard, I mean February and September sound sooooooo similar..NOT!

I waited a few weeks and contacted ESA who told me that they were waiting to hear from ATOS to see about the medical. I rang ATOS, who said they had sent the information to ESA to say I didn't need to attend a medical. Phew! I rang ESA and told them this, ESA told me it depended on "how" they sent the information to me, whether electronically (ie email) or via letter. If via letter, ESA would legally have to complete my application within 2 weeks, but if sent electronically, I would have to wait a further 4 months or more.

I have to say that sounded like a load of rubbish to me, after all email would be the quickest. I rang ATOS and they said, they only send the information via email and didn't know what ESA were on about. I don't think ESA knew what they were on about either!

29th October ATOS said no medical needed and after contacting ESA and pointing this out to them, my wait for my ESA to be completed has finally come to an end. I have been put in the support group, which is a relief as no more Drs certs. It was a nightmare getting them to a post box or job centre. From start to finish 10th December, 2013 application first made, 13th November 2014 application complete. Well at least it didn't take a year !

Maximus the company taking over from ATOS, I am rather concerned that........ "Professor Michael O’Donnell, the former medical director of Atos, now plays a senior role in the American company Maximus, which has won a £500m Government contract to decide whether disabled people are able to return to work. His previous company walked away from the contract, which was supposed to end in 2015." So much for a Fresh start!!!

Thank you everyone to for all your help...

..I didn't get a lettere from anyone , ATOS or ESA

except for one from ESA telling me my Drs Certificate was about to run out!

ESA told me the delay on my claim was caused by my GP who didn't respond to a letter they sent in February until October 10th.

This didn't sound right,

I checked with my GP and they didnt get anything from ESA until September 7th.

Taking into account annual leave, I thought a month to reply from my GP wasn't bad.

Perhaps I misheard, I mean February and September sound sooooooo similar..NOT!

I waited a few weeks and contacted ESA who told me that they were waiting to hear from ATOS to see about the medical.

I rang ATOS, who said they had sent the information to ESA to say I didn't need to attend a medical.

Phew! I rang ESA and told them this,

ESA told me it depended on "how" they sent the information to me,

whether electronically (ie email) or via letter.

If via letter, ESA would legally have to complete my application within 2 weeks,

but if sent electronically, I would have to wait a further 4 months or more.

I have to say that sounded like a load of rubbish to me, after all email would be the quickest.

I rang ATOS and they said, they only send the information via email and didn't know what ESA were on about.

I don't think ESA knew what they were on about either!

29th October ATOS said no medical needed and after contacting ESA and pointing this out to them,

my wait for my ESA to be completed has finally come to an end.

I have been put in the support group, which is a relief as no more Drs certs.

It was a nightmare getting them to a post box or job centre.

From start to finish 10th December, 2013 application first made, 13th November 2014 application complete. Well at least it didn't take a year !

Maximus the company taking over from ATOS, I am rather concerned that.......

. "Professor Michael O’Donnell, the former medical director of Atos, now plays a senior role in the American company Maximus,

which has won a £500m Government contract to decide whether disabled people are able to return to work.

His previous company walked away from the contract, which was supposed to end in 2015." So much for a Fresh start!!!

13 threads on ESA story merged to one for history

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you Lebleuet........bit too long for me i have to say.....what does mh mean? and Ive been merged into history, should I be scared? lol

I wish I could relax, now on to the other troublesome stuff in my life, Im never satisfied, ohhhh the joy of Autism. If I didn't have one anxiety or panic to my name, I'd be sure to find one lol. :o)