Incorrect Date on Pouch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Got a ticket today (31st Oct 2006) whilst parked on single yellow line :( - I was in post office sending of two more SAR's . My fault entirely but.....

The date on the outside of the pouch is 30-10-2006. This is yesterday. Is this technically a clause that can help me avoid paying the ticket? I haven't even opened the pouch yet, let alone read the little ticket inside, not sure if I should?

any advice much appreciated!

LeeS80.

Depends - there should be two dates on it (date of issue and date of offence). Both of them should match, however the date of issue must always be the SAME or AFTER the date of offence.

Your (completely) legal defence to this should be "The alledged contravention did not occur" which is a defence under the Road Traffic Act 1991. Your second offence would also be "the traffic order is invalid."

I personally think you have a great case to get your ticket cancelled. My advice would be to write a letter to them, explaining where you were and what you were doing at the time on the ticket - obviously not where you got the ticket. Helps if you have proof - receipt from Tesco or something similar - but not essential at this stage. Then go on to state the two above reasons why you wish to appeal this ticket - the traffic order is invalid and the alleged contravention did not occur. Therefore, unless they provide you with sufficient evidence to the contrary, you would like this matter closed and confirmation in writing from them.

PLEASE NOTE that more and more wardens have cameras which take pictures, but not all of them so fingers crossed!!!

• Confused 1

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

Hi Chesham,

Thanks for a great response!

The date on the pouch is as shown here in the image. I called them up (very polite they were too) and they have asked me to write in. The date on the pouch shows 30/10 but the little ticket inside has the correct date on it.

ParkingTicket.jpg

On 30/10 I was in Liverpool, and luckily have to keep my parking receipts to claim back from work. Even better is the time on my NCP receipt is from 11:23 to 13:38. This PCN was issued at 11:48.

Thanks again for your advice, I'm away from tomorrow until Monday but will be sending off the letter as soon as I'm home,

Cheers,

LeeS.

I would suggest that since there is no legal requirement ot have a pouch, then what is written on it will be outside the scope of the RTA and irrelevant to any attempt to dispute the ticket.

It is the ticket that matters and perhaps you could scan, wash and post the ticket.

I'd suggest that in law you have a possible case, in that the error in date on the pouch casts doubt on the recollection of the date by the warden. However, it's a long shot and the warden should be able to produce a pocket book with the correct date in it.

It may be though that the authority will write off the ticket rather than fight you on it.

Personally I'd find against you.

I suspect that the date scibbled on the pouch has nothing to do with the PCN at all. probably the warden testing their pen the day before

In saying that its at best a bit confusing and unprofessional.

scan the full PCN on here theres bound to be something else wrong with it, there usually is.

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

They will deny that they wrote that at is is not a legal requirement. It is not in breach of a TRO, as that applies specifically to the parking areas, times allowed etc. Your best defence is that you weren't there. Where I live all wardens do have a camera, and take six to seven photos.

;)Halifax £1,240.00 - Preliminary Letter sent 6/11/06

:???:Standard reply received 8/11/06

:pOffer received 11/11/06

:rolleyes:Offer rejected 21/11/05 and LBA sent

:wink: Claim filed in County Court