N180 - Mediation - Disclose personal details to claimant?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, dealing with a N180 at the moment and decided to ask if anybody redacted the contact details of the defendant when serving a copy of the N180 on the claimant?

There is also (in the claim I am involved with) a matter of the claim being issued with the wrong name of the defendant.

I ask because these details are supposed to be used by the mediation service to enable them to arrange/mediate a telephone conference between the parties, and I would be concerned that the claimant would use the telephone number to harass the defendant.

So, better to leave these boxes blank on the claimants copy, or ?

Thanks for replies,

Bill.

The DQ is not used to set up mediation...you telephone a separate service to indicate you would like to participate......and inform them of your contact number.

Mediation is a go between you dont actually speak to the Claimant.

With regards to " I would be concerned that the claimant would use the telephone number to harass the defendant." then dont complete that section on the claimants copy...not that they would during litigation.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andyorch, according to the n180 that has been received (attached), it is "essential" that the defendant complete the personal details, even if the answer to A1 is "no".

Perhaps because this n180 was updated last month, it now does set up mediation?

No its new..... a tick to mediation is all that triggers mediation and then you have the option to contact mediation to proceed.You complete 2 sets of DQ..one for the court fully completed and one for the claimant redacting the phone numbers if that is your fear.......we have never had a defendant " harassed " before because of entering their phone number on the DQ... and the claimant would most probably have it anyway when they traced the defendant.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread