Slipped on floor in Asdas.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of months back, mother slipped on fluid in an Asda's store at the tills. She didn't get contact details of any witnesses but the one's who did see it were shouting at staff to do something as they all seemed a bit gormless, so it wasn't exactly something that went on unnoticed.

She filled an accident form out and has been receiving physio since, she's also been in contact with solicitors. Received letters from Asda's but only confirming my mums complaint.

She's documented in a time-line the steps she took after that which included talking on the phone (she didn't record) and Asda's saying everything was being documented and sent to the complaints department. They also took photos of my mother and the floor. They said she'll receive a letter within 28 days which she never received. She has time/dates of letter sent and phone calls made.

Now here's the reason for the thread. There's now no recollection of any slip recorded by Asdas. It will be on CCTV if they haven't destroyed the footage but other than that, mother has doctors notes and times/dates of the slip. They have no recollection of accident forms either. So all she has to go on is the injury she's dealing with and the hope of CCTV I guess.

Any advice please?

Chris.

I believe she is entitled to request a copy of the accident book entry

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

IS that from being spoken to over the phone?

Is a gamble but she could do a subject access request. £10 fee.

If she filled out an accident form then it is possible that the Branch may have no record as it may have been sent off to Head Office, or some companies transfer the details electronically.

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The other problem is maybe the branch have not yet sent the data to head office so a Sar would have to make mention of data held locally and nationally

Hi Anonuser

Contact the Health & Safety Executive, explain that your mum had an accident in ASDA, that the accident was recorded, but that ASDA will not provide copies of the accident forms, in essence they are saying the accident never happened.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/

http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/reportable-incidents.htm

• Confused 1

The branch would have to keep a copy.

If she filled out an accident form then it is possible that the Branch may have no record as it may have been sent off to Head Office, or some companies transfer the details electronically.

What did the solicitors say who your mother contacted?

If they are taking on her accident claim then leave it to the solicitors to deal with obtaining the documents etc.

Don't waste your money on SARs.

• Confused 1

Thanks, I will ask for more details from her and also make a note of what to get the solicitors to find out.

I think this needs reporting to the top andy.clarke@asda.co.uk

Make him aware of what you have said here and that they are now claiming no recollection of the incident.

Thank you!

Hi Anonuser

Contact the Health & Safety Executive, explain that your mum had an accident in ASDA, that the accident was recorded, but that ASDA will not provide copies of the accident forms, in essence they are saying the accident never happened.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/

Wonderful, I will pass this over to here, hopefully they'll be a bit more useful!

What did the solicitors say who your mother contacted?

If they are taking on her accident claim then leave it to the solicitors to deal with obtaining the documents etc.

Don't waste your money on SARs.

The usual normal procedure and then she called them after she found out they had no record of it, they told her to go in and ask for a copy of the accident form which is when Asdas told her there was no accident form. Since then she's been waiting until the solicitor gets back from holiday for what to do next.

Thanks, I will ask for more details from her and also make a note of what to get the solicitors to find out.

Thank you!

Wonderful, I will pass this over to here, hopefully they'll be a bit more useful!

If she has solicitors acting already leave everything to them to obtain.

If she has solicitors acting already leave everything to them to obtain.

Will do. They've been away on holiday so this Tuesday, hopefully she'll have more news on the next step. Will keep it updated.

Thanks guys!

agree with ganymede

Something similar happened to me. I did not have to deal with asda at all - everything went through my solicitor. Do you have any witnesses? luckily I did so perhaps that made it easier?

Also did she go to A and E? if so then there will be a record of her visit

Hope you get it sorted!

• Confused 1

agree with ganymede

Something similar happened to me. I did not have to deal with asda at all - everything went through my solicitor. Do you have any witnesses? luckily I did so perhaps that made it easier?

Also did she go to A and E? if so then there will be a record of her visit

Hope you get it sorted!

I'll mention this. One women was outraged at the lack of support from the workers, but she didn't get her details. She did go to the A+E/Doctors.

Hopefully it gets sorted soon!

Thanks for all the help.