style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Caggers

in the past I have never paid a PCN and never will do, but my gut instinct is telling me think twice with this one.

The PCN is from Civil enforcment ltd, they

sent me a charge because I stayed over my time by 30 mins.

THe problem I have is that when they sent the charge to me they only sent evidence of me leaving the car park and not entering.

called the british parking assosiation and they have told me the have to send me evidence of entering

and exiting and that they are not happy they have done this.

called these cowboys and spoke to a young lady and she said they dont have to and if I want it then I have to put it in writing.

if anyone has got any advice or had the same problem

please help me sort this company out

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

Follow the advice as normal. Wait for the notice to keeper, then appeal, use popla, use the normal defence depending if it was a paid car park etc etc.

And most of all, STAY OFF THE PHONE. These are the **** of the country. Theyre pretty much the new cowboy clampers. Clamping is now illegal, so theyre doing this.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Cheers mate, normally i ignore but i have a feeling this aint going away, also is it still true that they have to have proof that i was the driver at the time

I HAVE FOLLOWED ALOT OF ADVICE FROM PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND IT MADE ME REALISE MY RIGHT AND WHAT I WAS DOING WRONG.......NOW I'M DOING IT RIGHT

Our advice is to never ignore a parking charge notice. The companies are becoming very aware of people knowing their rights and have become pretty litigious. It's much easier to challenge them head on and follow the outlines appeal rules with a proper defence. Theyre screwed then.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

They are not registered with the Data Commissioners office

Z9389969

CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD Address:

HORTON HOUSE

EXCHANGE FLAGS

LIVERPOOL

L2 3PF

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

when did the event that supposedly created this charge occur and when did you get the demand through the post? The timings are critical as they have very strict time frames to send out their demands. CEL are also trading at a loss so not sure of the legality of their business anyway so I wouldnt be wanting to pay them even if the debt was real as the money should probably go elsewhere.

Lastly, they dont have your photograph, they might have a photo of the driver and that person is unidentified at present so always adress any claim as the keeper of the vehicle and dont identify the diver to them in any correspondence. Make them work rather than you help them.

It happened last saturday and got the charge through the post yesterday

• 2 weeks later...

could somebody also clarify, do the parking bullies have to prove who the driver was as well, as BPA said that it is the registered keeper that will be charged

could somebody also clarify, do the parking bullies have to prove who the driver was as well, as BPA said that it is the registered keeper that will be charged

Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012 allow PPCs to chase registered keepers for parking charge notices.

For this to happen, the PPCs MUST follow very strict criteria...

A lot do not follow this criteria correctly.

OK brilliant also, I have noticed that most private car parking companies say on their signs (in the small print). By parking on these property you agree with the terms and conditions and are entering a contract (well something on the lines of anyway). but the car park I went to didnt it just staed how much you will have to pay if you stay the overtime.

Could I argue this case

Ok will put it up later, I will get a picture of it on the way home from work

don't stay in the car park too long taking the photo!

lol

Z9389969

CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD Address:

HORTON HOUSE

EXCHANGE FLAGS

LIVERPOOL

L2 3PF

silverfox I spoke to a guy at BPA (didnt give any of my details) and he said that they would be registered under a different name

Here you go people, [ATTACH=CONFIG]51285[/ATTACH]

If they want some money then they have to produce some evidence of a breach or evidence of the formation of a contract. their sign doesnt really do either. By staying more than 90 minutes tou agree to pay £100..... To whom? A counterargument is that you did pay £100 to your spouse as it didint specify who should be given the money.

write to them stating that you wish to appeal as the signage is too ambiguous to form a contract-dont say why, that is their priblem if they hope to get anything. they will then have to either accept this argument or issue a pOLA code with their denail of your appeal.

If there is no POPLA code then you complain to the boss of the BPA (copy to ANPR) saying that ANPR are up to their tricks again and have failed to provide the POPLA code and as such they have breached the requirements of the PoFA and as such you expect the BPA to tell them to cease any contact with the keeper of the vehicle and to take the matter up with the driver, who you decline to identify.

I bet you get a POPLA code then.

• Confused 1

Thank you very much ericsbrother, I will let you know in due course what happens next mate

has anyone got a template that i could send them staing all this

Stating what?

All you need to do is send the following to the muppet show:

"Dear sir/madam. All liability to you is denied. no further correspondance will be entered into".

You do NOT need to send any more than that.