style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Just seen in my e-mail a demand from MMF (Over £500) for a debt that has existed for almost 6 years. I can't get the exact date as it was tied to an old bank account I no longer have, but by my estimation I failed to make payment in June or July 2008. Now looking at the e-mail I have from the DCA it states they are just about to register a Default Notice with the "3 main CRA's", surely after this amount of time they can't do that and leave the default on my account for another 6 years?

I have not acknowledged the debt in any way shape or form and this is the first communication I have seen about this debt, the e-mail was sent out today.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Mmf cant register anything. They lie cheat and say anything to get money from you.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If they don't have your current postal address, watch out as just before S B threshold is a favourite time to sneak in a last gasp attempt at a CCJ. Service of claim form to the last notified address is deemed valid even if the letter is returned unopened.

The D N should have been registered within six months of your non-payment.

If they don't have your current postal address, watch out as just before S B threshold is a favourite time to sneak in a last gasp attempt at a CCJ. Service of claim form to the last notified address is deemed valid even if the letter is returned unopened.

The D N should have been registered within six months of your non-payment.

About the timeframe the default notice should be issued, is that governed by law?