DLA Claiming Again - late!

fran1phil
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been under an enormous amount of pressure and had failed to submit my son's DLA claiming again forms on time. My Son has ASD/ADHD&Conduct Disorder - age 17. (I am appointee) & owing to lack of support and intervention, no education, involved with the Criminal Justice System & having very challenging behaviour - which I struggle to deal with and many meetings with |Social Services, YOT and CAMHS to challenge the lack of support etc, this had meant my claiming late.

First claim pack submitted, lost?? So submitted another, marked clearly DUPLICATE, second claim set etc and posted Recorded Next Day Guaranteed Delivery at the cost of #7.50.

I have received a letter from DLA, which refers to claim as 'New Claim' and states has been transferred to the PIP Unit - owing to my son's age & not accepting any new DLA Claims to be processed.

I telephoned DLA Unit and they said once a claim has been referred to PIP there is nothing they can do? i said, can I not ask for decision to be lookied at again and she said no - not applicable. So basically nothing anyone can do now?

Can anybody clarify this for me please, is it worth my while writing to ask them to reconsider this decision based on my situation/circumstances\???

H E L P ! ! ! ! ! !

Many thanks

Nadia :jaw:

:???:

Edited by fran1phil
to condence, make more to the point!!