Natwest Credit Card

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, here's the thing.

This is a card which I paid off in 2004. Now usually, I'm a bit of a paper hoarder, but in this instance, I actually got rid of all my statements and documentation regarding this account. (I blame my husband :lol: )

I KNOW they were one of the worst culprits in hammering us when we were at our most vulnerable, but I can't find one bit of paper anywhere with the account number (bank statements, old slips, nothing! :evil: )

Question: If I send them the standard letter, can they trace us by name and address, even though we can't give them the account number? Anybody has any experience in that respect?

Thanks in advance

ML :)

Ok, here's the thing.

This is a card which I paid off in 2004. Now usually, I'm a bit of a paper hoarder, but in this instance, I actually got rid of all my statements and documentation regarding this account. (I blame my husband :lol: )

I KNOW they were one of the worst culprits in hammering us when we were at our most vulnerable, but I can't find one bit of paper anywhere with the account number (bank statements, old slips, nothing! :evil: )

Question: If I send them the standard letter, can they trace us by name and address, even though we can't give them the account number? Anybody has any experience in that respect?

Thanks in advance

How did you pay them? if you paid through your bank your bank statements will show the account number (they will call it a reference number).

I have no doubt that they can - if they want to- trace your account by name and address

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

How did you pay them? if you paid through your bank your bank statements will show the account number (they will call it a reference number).

I have no doubt that they can - if they want to- trace your account by name and address

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

You could try and get hold of it first by phoning them and giving them a cok-and-bull story about something you paid with the card and now you need a record of the payment "if you give me the account/card number, I'll put it all in writing, Sir...."

Then once you have the account number, you can send the standard letter.

Ooooh, sneaky... But pretty much what I'd thought :lol:

Thanks

You could try and get hold of it first by phoning them and giving them a cok-and-bull story about something you paid with the card and now you need a record of the payment "if you give me the account/card number, I'll put it all in writing, Sir...."

Then once you have the account number, you can send the standard letter.

Ooooh, sneaky... But pretty much what I'd thought :lol:

Thanks

Just send them the DPA request with all of the id details you can think of along with the rough dates that you had the card and ask for the disclosure.

Send your request recorded delivery. They'll find the info.

If you want to phone them first then call their customer service number. Get a name of the Data protection officer at the bank and write to him directly.

Just send them the DPA request with all of the id details you can think of along with the rough dates that you had the card and ask for the disclosure.

Send your request recorded delivery. They'll find the info.

If you want to phone them first then call their customer service number. Get a name of the Data protection officer at the bank and write to him directly.

• 3 weeks later...

My, oh my, where does time go by?

Finally sending DPA request today. I may well lose out a couple of charges because it's taken me so long to pull my fing.... er, get a move on.

Still, I thought I'd waved that money goodbye for good, so it's a 90% full kind of glass :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Mhh...

Just got letter back (from Southend-on-Sea, even though I had sent my letter to the Scotland address, lol) and they're saying they can't locate a c/c account on the electronic records, and that because the account was closed, the archived records need a card number to locate statements...

Phoned to see if there was any info we could give to help retrieve this, bu they're adamant they can't.

Oh, and they'd like ME to "explain your interpretation of the term "manual intervention" and advise your exact requirements in this respect".

Ok, thoughts and suggestions? I really, REALLY have looked everywhere for that account number and at this stage, I am pretty sure that I will not be able to find it here.

Hi Bookworm, your best bet is to get an online credit search done via equifax. They have a 30 day free trial to get unlimited access to credit reports. I am pretty sure, (although my trial has expired so i cannot check) that each reference comes with an account number.

Worth a try anyway...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, one thing and another, I haven't updated this thread for a while. But I am like a swan, all elegance and poise on the surface whilst pedalling frantically underneath (and bloody mean-tempered, yes, thank you, I'll say it before someone else does!)....

Finally managed to find our very first computer agreement, and on it, was a number that rang a bell, phoned NWB c/c, they said yes, that's the bunny. Sent £10. Waited. Waited some more. Cheque cashed 11/4. Phoned them yesterday, no sign of cheque having reached them. Finally cheque traced to god knows where, as account cancelled, they hadn't known what to do with it, (apart form cashing it, obviously, that, they did!) and hadn't told DPA dept that it was AOK.

She said she would send asap, and true to her word, they arrived this morning.

And after all this excitement, do you know how much they have charged me? Really?

£42.00. That's it. After paying them £10 for the DPA, I stand to recover £32.00. To say that I feel faintly stupid would be an understatement. Still, £42 here, £50 there, it all will add up... And I'm hoping that on such a measly amount, they won't argue too much... We shall see, more anon.

• 5 months later...

hello i have 5 accounts with natwest and have a huge overdraft limit i was wondering if any natwest accounts have been closed once payments have been settled also i still dont know where to find the request form for bank charges help do i print it off and then send it or is it emailed im confussed

Guest NATTIE

ok I have a number of links on my signature. The ones you need are the bottom 4 which include FAQ's which is an essential starting point. Then a good read of NatWest successes would be good. Then start your own thread in the NatWest Forum and you will get all the help that you need. Welcome to the CAG and Good Luck

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks