style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An odd thing is happening on Chrome. It seems to be mainly when I am on Cag but not sure if it's only then.

I get a page redirect and then a pop up saying i need to update either Flash, Java or now my media player. It is really annoying as it takes me away from the page I am viewing.

I have done spyware, virus scans using various programms and nothing has come up. Any ideas?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I have had that in the end I uninstalled chrome , it was running slow aswell, I know chrome is having problems at the moment.

Using firefox at present and running no problems.

Thanks, there is an extension called ad removal which I have not seen before. I will take it off. All the others are ones I have used for years, freemake, mainly.

Hopefully this will fix it

Ad removal seems to do diddly to prevent these popups are a complete pain, so I don't use chrome anymore there are other aLternatives out there, so no need to use chrome anyway.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Adblock plus and noscript. Use them love them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I am hoping the problem is now fixed, fingers crossed.

Other than that I like chrome and can cope with the targeted ads based on my browsing history . Its no worse than seeing ads on here for CMC's

I simply block the ad frames if they start to annoy me. But on CAG i normally leave them on but disable activex scripts. That way CAG still gets revenue from ads, but i dont have any threat of malware being downloaded to my system.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D