Government to end incompetent and unfair Atos assessments.

THNX4THT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeahhhh, at last, Atos has been found out....I just wanted to point out one slight problem and I realise there's no quick fix answer, but whilst ATOS is completing its contract by August (I believe), this incompetent and unfair system is still being used to assess claimants on ESA.....This is not going to end well for claimants. Will this not mean thousands of claiments appealing after August has come to an end? The government can't really say " you were already assessed and it was a fair decision" because the government have already agreed ATOS is not competent and fair. I would have thought it would have been a better idea to have someone overseeing each appointment, making sure each assessment was fair and reasonable. I agree it should never have been tendered out to companies, doing it for the cheapest they could and saving money where possible....and we all know how that was done!.... at the expense of the claiment....OK Rant over

I thought they had deferred re-assessments for a while due to the backlog that ATOS have accumulated, is that what you mean?

My understanding is ATOS will continue with the contract, until a new company are found to take over the "assessments", at least until 2015.

I thought they had deferred re-assessments for a while due to the backlog that ATOS have accumulated, is that what you mean?

My understanding is ATOS will continue with the contract, until a new company are found to take over the "assessments", at least until 2015.

OMG, thats not what I understood....sorry Im not very good at explaining myself....I hope they decide to do the assessments in-house rather than tender it out, its a total mess. I hope DLA isn't as bad as ESA, I didn't even know they did txt messages about your claim for dla! Thanks for the information, I stand corrected :-)

Medicals and re-assessments are still going ahead as normal. My form for re-assessment came through a couple of weeks ago. DWP told me it's business as usual. Wasn't sure at first, but checked with a very reliable benefits advice forum who confirmed that the DWP are indeed still sending ESA renewals to Atos for re-assessment.

My referral was only sent to Atos 3wks ago. Many others are finding their renewal forms dropping through the letterbox too, when they had been expecting to be deferred. Seems the DWP have been told to continue as normal. Waits for appointments in my part of London for medicals are very short. Only takes about 4wks for appointment to come through after sending back ESA50. No huge backlogs down here unfortunately.

Medicals and re-assessments are still going ahead as normal. My form for re-assessment came through a couple of weeks ago. DWP told me it's business as usual. Wasn't sure at first, but checked with a very reliable benefits advice forum who confirmed that the DWP are indeed still sending ESA renewals to Atos for re-assessment.

My referral was only sent to Atos 3wks ago. Many others are finding their renewal forms dropping through the letterbox too, when they had been expecting to be deferred. Seems the DWP have been told to continue as normal. Waits for appointments in my part of London for medicals are very short. Only takes about 4wks for appointment to come through after sending back ESA50. No huge backlogs down here unfortunately.

Im in the wrong place....4 weeks? My claim started in December 2013, Ive done my 13 weeks and Im on week 9....wish it was quicker than that. How cn there be no backlog in London? I thought backlog would just be a general thing.....sorry Im autistic, its unlikely Id get it lol

I am surprised to hear that Liverbird, seems I was given the wrong info about London in terms of waiting times. Business as usual here in N Ireland, where there are no deferrals and review dates are pretty much spot on.