style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im not sure what it is im looking for in asking the question whether Newlyn are fixing prices.

They say i owe £324.54, giving their breakdown that i asked them for the said as follows;

TOTAL BALANCE INCLUDING FEES £835.04

TOTAL PAID £510.50

BALANCE OUTSTANDING £324.54

i asked for the breakdown of the balance and they said

VISIT ONE £24.50

VISIT TWO £18.00

LEVY FEE £42.16 (they say they levied the car outside my house, but they gave me the wrong details it was not my car )

ATTENDANCE/VAN £136.00

Their fees come to £220.66

Leaving £103.88

I asked the council for the total of my liability order which they said was

COUNCIL TAX DEBT £188.54

I have paid most of my council tax online instead of to the bailiff, these sums dont add up, are Newlyn fixing these prices, they dont seem to know how much i owe the council

No not as yet, I don't want them finding the right car, I also asked for the details of bailiffs that attended my address any court and where certificates were obtained and they refused

As they have not been inside your house [and do Not let them in under any circumstances] all they are entitled to is the first two visits ie £42.50.

Newlyn will know exactly how much you owe the council, but if you only paid that plus two visits they wouldn't make any money out of you. As they now owe you money, send a

letter of complaint to the Council stating that Newlyns have levied on a car that doesn't belong to you and so they should remove the levy and the attendance to remove fees and

send that money to you.

As you have overpaid, you don't have to worry about them levying on your car now.

It would seem from your answer that you did NOT ask the LA for confirmation of the amount of the Liability Order. Instead, you have been provided with the BALANCE remaining. This is not helpful and you need to obtain the correct amount.

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]