Zero-hour Change to contract help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3662 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

first post so please be forgiving if I post incorrectly anywhere.

I've got a little problem developing at work. I've been employed on a zero-hours contract for the past three years, now I actually work 27 hours a week, i'm not asked weekly if I can or cannot work, its almost set in stone that, that is what i'm working.

Last year we had changes to our main terms and conditions for full time staff and also zero-hour staff (bank staff).

These were official and legal, we went through the usual union agreements etc. Unions being unions rejected the changes so we was put on 45 day notice of "sign or be sacked"

For me the changes proposed was to move me onto a fixed point salary and freeze my pay, basically stop the pay rises and move me to similar pay as everyone else.

Fast forward a year it transpires my old contract included full sick pay but now my current doesn't, HR nor me was aware sick pay was in my original contract (still have it).

I had to take a few weeks off for an operation and was informed of this clause in the original contract and so I have asked for the original contract to be honoured as neither party me nor HR was aware it was in the contract.

I'm after any advice as to whether I have any legal grounds for asking, I've got a meeting on Friday with HR and have been informally told they are going to be refusing my request for the owed sick pay.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When they cahnged the pay structure did it say that your other terms remain unchanged or did it say that you are now working to the new terms and only them (or to that effect). If the former, then you are entitled to sick pay, if the latter then the whole job description and terms has been renegotiated.