style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally posted this as a new thread but it was merged with a thread I started in 2011 - If I have done something wrong please let me know but I'd like this to be a new thread - thanks

Is there a particular reason why you want this as a new thread instead of merging it with your other one? If it is all the same issue then merging them together will give others an insight into what went before.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Previous issues had been resolved - this is new and appreciate a new thread.

I have written to the council and cc'd to the chief executive and director of finances. I've writted to the Enforcement Agents explaining my circumstances and my daughter's car has gone back to her, she lives a few miles away so should be OK.

I'll wait and see what comes back but am also waiting for a call from the councils benefits advisor. We are on a low income (I'm on JSA, my wife works part-time and my son has zero income)

Previous issues had been resolved - this is new and appreciate a new thread.

I have written to the council and cc'd to the chief executive and director of finances. I've writted to the Enforcement Agents explaining my circumstances and my daughter's car has gone back to her, she lives a few miles away so should be OK.

I'll wait and see what comes back but am also waiting for a call from the councils benefits advisor. We are on a low income (I'm on JSA, my wife works part-time and my son has zero income)

You will have to see how the council responds and let us know. They should take it back in house and allow affordable repayments to be made after looking at income/expenditure, as well as looking at benefit entitlement. But with nearly £6k outstanding they might want to continue enforcement using bailiffs and will try to deny issues of vulnerabilty. If this happens, you should involve your local CAB and local councillors.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Zebedee

I asked the council for a full breakdown of liability orders, when issued and amounts but she refused to give me these saying I would have to ask in writing.

Have you done this yet? If not do so straight away.

Also what paperwork has the LA issued you to date? Have they issued you with any award letters, or if you have a receipt of sending in your new claim form?

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I've asked in the letter for the breakdown of LO's. I'm waiting for a call from their own benefits advisors to establish entitlement to benefit and help in claiming. I have also emailed copies of my letter to the chief executive and director of finances so hopefully will hear something soon.

My bottom line is I accept full responsibility for this mess - I should have sorted things out sooner but I didn't. I absolutely cannot afford to pay this off in one lump sum because I simply do not have it and can't get it, and can only afford small extra payments on top of the council tax for this year, which we have had to pay out of the limited income we have, but hopefully once I have spoken to their benefits advisor this may change.

Thank you for the input, I'll keep you informed if/when I hear back from them.

Even with the new rules in place you can still ask the LA to make an sensible arrangements plan, if they say it's with the EA. Then quote to regs at them that you are a vulnerable household with a disabled person living there as well MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.