Seriously disappointed with FOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3634 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so if an actual ombudsman has given a decision then that is it as far as fos is concerned so we have cleared that bit up :-)

Now you need to decide whether you wish to take this through court.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Ok so if an actual ombudsman has given a decision then that is it as far as fos is concerned so we have cleared that bit up :-)

Now you need to decide whether you wish to take this through court.

Yes that's correct so I will probably take that choice, once I have collated all information.

How much is small claims ?

Depends on the value of the claim....have a read here

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/going-to-court

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

do not sign anything as acceptance, they have to file as not completed?

Thanks MIKE770 - Sorry to sound stupid but FOS explained that if I signed as rejected then I could take case to court if I wished but if I had signed as agreement to the decision then it was binding and no further action could be taken - does that sound correct ?

Depends on the value of the claim....have a read here

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money/going-to-court

Thank-you again ims21 and claim will be in the region of £2,500. I will have a read up and then decide what to do, and I am still awaiting further SAR details from Capital One so once received or confirmation that they cannot provide anything further I will then draw up something to submit.

I also have some unfair credit card charges that I would like to submit request for refund. After reading various articles yesterday regarding banks under paying compensation, shall I keep the issue separate ?

Thanks MIKE770 - Sorry to sound stupid but FOS explained that if I signed as rejected then I could take case to court if I wished but if I had signed as agreement to the decision then it was binding and no further action could be taken - does that sound correct ?

sign as rejected then

I did not bother but was informed on a site that the case will not be closed if I did not send response. so it would seem they may have changed the wording in recent years?

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

sign as rejected then

I did not bother but was informed on a site that the case will not be closed if I did not send response. so it would seem they may have changed the wording in recent years?

Thanks again MIKE770.

I think it has but I have contacted FOS for their clarification anyway but sure when I spoke to them a couple of days ago, they did confirm that was my only other option to pursue it. I must admit the form was very basic and would be helpful if they could add additional information explaining.