style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Acknowledge service and intention to defend

Edited by ims21

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Do you have the paperwork for the stat demand that was set aside, still ?

I would say your defence is fairly simple - on DATE - you applied for and received a Set aside in respect of this same account. The set aside was obtained in NAME OF COURT,due to the debt being Statute barred.

Your defence has not changed - the debt is statute barred and the claimant's claim is an abuse of process.

I will find someone who will be able to help you further.

However, you must acknowledge the claim - so we need the date of issue - top right hand corner of the claim and if you can also let us know what it says on teh claim form.. eg the reason they have issued the claim that would be helpful.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not the first time Lowell have done something like this recently, it seems internal communications and record keeping fall far short of a reasonable standard.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi guys thank you for your help and replies

Issue date 27/02/14

This claim is forxxxx the amount due under an agreement between the original creditor and the defendant to provide finance and/or services and goods.

The debt was assigned or /purchased by Lowell on 31/07/2007 ans notice served pursuant to the law of property act 192k

Particulars

Original creditor

Acc number then says the claimant also claims interest pursuant to county court act .

I do have all the or original paperwork and a paper from the court to say the debt has been set aside.

Ok so you have a timeline to adhere to.

Issue date is 27/2, add 5 for service which takes you to 4/3 and then add 14. that is when you must acknowledge by i.e. 18/3.

You then have a further 14 to file your defence which takes you to 1/4 for that.

As citizenB says, the legal guys have been alerted. Andyorch and/or steampowered should join this thread when they get a moment.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

The important thing here is to not take your eye off the ball as far as the court process is concerned, that is your priority.

Bear with us until the legal guys can get here.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thanks for merging threads I had forgotten about the fredricksonn thread,

sorry If I have caused any confusion.

This looks like a claim form from Northampton county court there is a claim number

on it so I think it must be serious!

I have so had enough of them and their bully boy tactics!

No problems...don't worry.

Probably a blue form...claim number top right and Particulars of Claim in a box at bottom left.

Treat it as genuine.

You have plenty of time so don't fret...you will get the help you need just hang fire for the moment.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Simply submit the SB defence CB...its not an abuse of process to issue a claim after a failed Stat Demand...however in this case the result will equate to the same ending:-D

Costs should be claimed for the initial set a side and the defence of the pending claim.

Clearly vexatious but not an abuse.

Here you go.. this is the Statute barred defence - HTH

1 The Claimant's claim was issued on (date).

2 The Claimant contends that the Claimant's claim so issued is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980. If, which is denied, the claimant contends that the Defendant is in breach of the alleged contract, in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action for breach accrued for the benefit of the Claimant.

3 The Claimant's claim to be entitled to payment of £x or any other sum, or relief of any kind is denied.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Do you mean you have received a court papers or the court has made a judgement against you?

What do you mean by "this debt was set aside"?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thread moved to the Legal forum.

The guys will be along to help as soon as they are available.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Bryan carter have just been granted a ccj against me , however this debt was set aside over a year ago, is this legal, what should I do?

Ok, so last year there was a Judgment awarded against you. Bryan Carter would not have got the judgment as he is a solicitor so can you tell us who the claimant was/is ?

What was the original judgment for and on what basis did you get it set aside ?

You are now saying that another Judgment has been awarded for the same debt by the same company ?

You will need provide us with a timeline of what has happened from the point of when the first Judgment was obtained.

Did you ever receive paperwork for either the first or 2nd claim. ?

BCOBS

BCOBS

Righto, well it looks as though the first claim was actually a Statutory Demand which you managed to get set aside.

They then issued you a claim and I provided you with a Statute Barred defence - did you get your defence in on time ?

BCOBS

Sorry .. I will start from the beginning I had a Statutor Demand set aside last year for a debt that Lowell was chasing . The debt was statue barred. Iwent to court to get SD set aside . the judge set the SD aside. Now Lowells have used bryan carter to get a CCJ against me for the same debt. I thought that I had defended CCJ but have spoken to court today and they say that was never received by the court and that Lowells have got a CCJ against me . for the same debt that was set aside because it was statue barred.

Righto, well it looks as though the first claim was actually a Statutory Demand which you managed to get set aside.

They then issued you a claim and I provided you with a Statute Barred defence - did you get your defence in on time ?

Court said they never received it ,

Edited by janet37

Ok, Janet - Have merged both threads so people can see what the hell is going on.

How did you submit your SB defence - did you use the Online submission.

Did you print off the proof that you had submitted it ?

I will try and find someone who can advise further.

BCOBS

I did it online and stupidly, I have no proof.

If you did it online, the court should have the proof ? I have sent out an S.O.S for you. It might not be until later today that you get any replies.

BCOBS