Brand New car with rust in less than 6 months

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

Someone advised me to post here after hearing of my problems on a car forum.

I bought a brand new MG3 from a dealer in Stirling (Scotland) and took delivery on the 28th of October 2013. It has had a few minor issues. First being the Daylight running lights, the drivers side stopped working. Both were replaced in December.

The parking sensors used to continuously beep when reverse was selected, it visted the garage on 2 occassions and then they were replaced on the third. This took a few months to resolve. There are ongoing issues with the door seals which drip water in whenever a door is opened after or during rain. The gutter strip on the roof drivers side is loose.

There is an over rev between 1st and 2nd if you do not release the clutch fully (its drive by wire accelerator). I have experienced what sounded like clutch squeal but this seems to have disappeared for the last few weeks.

The rubber finishing around the windows on the doors are all loose apart from the rear drivers side.

The final straw was discovering some rust bubbling on the lip of the roof at the windscreen. It would appear to have been caused by whoever cut the vinyl stripes. They have cut through the paintwork. The stripes were a factory fitted option. Here is a photo

10015661_768945959816388_3130018592699880894_n.jpg

Just to add, I have been quite happy with my dealer experience, they have been excellent (apart from lack of info on my 3 month wait on a spare wheel) its MG themselves who am disappointed with. It was them who have held up repairs etc.

I am getting a call from them this week to talk about sorting ALL the issues. I am not sure I even want the car anymore. I also dont feel comfortable having bodywork repaired.

I am just looking for advice on where to go from here.

Thanks in advance.

Alan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks