style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can any one tell me how to find out the details of a high Court Writ?

I am being chased by an HCEO for a writ I have no knowledge of.

I emailed them for details which are not forthcoming.,

I dont feel inclined to start paying for something I have not been told of.

Any ideas?

Have you been left any paperwork?

Usual course of action is that you have a CCJ against you - have you checked this? You then don't pay and the Claimant transfers it up to the High Court for enforcement. Depending on when issued & visited would mean you may not have known anything until the knock on the door, from April 6 an Enforement Notice has to be sent advising you to contact the Enforcement Officer to agree payment proposals. The Writ No should be on paperwork issued and this can be checked by contacting the RCJ in London.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If the HCEO is using the old Form 55 then the paperwork should detail the County Court Claim Number and the High Court Claim Number. The CCCN will give you details of where judgment was obtained (usually two letters are a court reference) and the HCCN is essentially the Writ number showing where that was issued.

If the HCEO is acting under the new regulations it may only be the HCCN that is on the paperwork.

If that matter was first started in a County Court then it remains a CCJ although any stay of proceedings should be made at the High Court/District Registry where the Writ was obtained.

RCJ = Royal Courts of Justice in London, http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/rcj-rolls-building/queens-bench/enforcement

Have you checked to see if you have a CCJ against you? You can do this by going to http://www.trustonline.org.uk/ - there is a small fee to pay. As for the paperwork you have is it possible you can scan and post it preferably as a PDF file remembering to remove all personal references from it first.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]