my claim

craigmuir83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Friday 11th April I had a single car accident so

I got home phoned hastings car was recovered to nationwide

the following tuesday an engineer phoned to say they think the car was a total loss

but they would give me a coutesy car

I couldnt get their till next day

got there

they said they werent sure if I could get a courtesy car

lady asked the manager and

he let me have it for one day only.

this lady very quickly went through terms

got me to sign something

asked for 55 pound which im not very happy about.

after the courtesy car was sorted out I asked what happens next and

I was informed hastings will contact me in a day or two which they havent

ive been trying to contact them with no success.

Im now absolutely fuming because I need a car for work due to the nature of my job

I have now been off work for a week now so not earning.

I feel hastings are dealing with this issue extremely badly

as tbjs is outting even more stress onto me because if this isn't sorted soon

I might not have a job to go back to with reading all the horror stories about HD.

Also on the paperwork of the courtesy car I had for one day had wrong date and times

and wrong description of engine size.

It also said I was offered and declined CDW on the 15th april which they never offered and I never declined

Edited by craigmuir83

If you don't have a third party to claim back from, you will have to pay for your own hire car. Most policies don't cover a courtesy/hire car, unless you have paid for an optional extra cover and then it is only for up to 2 weeks. Without this optional cover sometimes you will get a courtesy car from a repair garage for a few days, but this is subject to the garage having one available.

Hastings claims people seem to be rubbish at communicating and you will have to phone them when they are open tomorrow morning to find out what is going on. The Hastings rep will no doubt, ask you to contact them tomorrow so they can assist if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok thanks. All this is just so confusing for me at the moment because this is my first accident and total loss doesn't help that HD have been extremely poor with communication and with all the paperwork for the courtesy car all messed up has been getting to me aswell. I didn't even understand why I had to pay the 55 pound to nationwide the woman went through everything that quick must have been in their all of 5 mins and that was me getting my stuff from my car

Ok thanks. All this is just so confusing for me at the moment because this is my first accident and total loss doesn't help that HD have been extremely poor with communication and with all the paperwork for the courtesy car all messed up has been getting to me aswell. I didn't even understand why I had to pay the 55 pound to nationwide the woman went through everything that quick must have been in their all of 5 mins and that was me getting my stuff from my car

Did you sign anything with Nationwide ? Did they give you a copy explaining what the £55 was for ? I suspect it was some form of deposit for the car or insurance.

If the cost of repair will exceed about 60% of the current market value, it will probably be written off. For a car that is worth a few thousand or less, it does not take that much damage to be a write off. There is nothing stopping you getting other car mechanics to quote for the repair, if you don't want it to be a write off. You would need to sort this out quickly, before the car is written off/sent for salvage. Insurers often get quoted high repair costs by their own repairer, which can lead to a write off. Whereas a policyholder may be able to arrange their own repairs at a cost the Insurers are happy to pay, as less than the cost of write off.

If you have no third party to claim against, without any optional hire car cover on your policy, any hire car will be at your expense. Nationwide will take their car back within a few days, particularly if they will not be getting any repair work. If it is a write off, it will be taken to a salvage yard. If you have any possessions in the car, I would suggest you find out where the car is and get them removed. It could be taken to salvage yard hundreds of miles away, within a couple of days.

If the car is a write off, you will be offered the market value, less the policy excess and less any remaining premium for the year if paying by monthly instalments. You do not have to accept the first write off value offered by Hastings. Do some research into the current replacement cost of the car.

Have a read of this link from the FOS about write off valuations.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-valuation.html

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes I have paperwork from nationwide but with wrong dates and times on it and only wording thats on the paperwork is cdw its says it was offered but I declined it which i never because they never said anything like that over the phone then in another section it says cdw price which I payed with cash. The car has now been deemed a total loss and I have my possessions back in my property. Ill have to check out that link u sent thank u for that also nationwide said they was damage to the passenger side of the car before the accident which their was not it was just because I couldn't see that damage at the time because it was dark and when I wen to get my stuff from car I saw the damage at the side then and told them straight away that it was done in the accident I

Unless you have optional hire car cover with Hastings, you may have to pay Nationwide for the hire car you have had.

If you need a car for work, you will have to make your own arrangements and will have to pay this. It could be several weeks before you receive any write off payment from Hastings. If I were guessing about how long it would take, I suspect it could be over a month before they issued a cheque.

I did pay nationwide 55 pound for the one day I had the car. But that wasn't explained to me when they phoned to say about my car and the fact I was down as a yes for a courtesy car the only thing nationwide requested me to bring was my licence both parts

Hi craigmuir83,

Thank you for taking the time to post a here on CAG. I'm really sorry to see you are unhappy with the service you have received for your claim. I can confirm that we have received your email and I have asked our claims team to contact you to discuss this in further detail. Thanks again for providing your feedback.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Hi craigmuir83,

Thank you for taking the time to post a here on CAG. I'm really sorry to see you are unhappy with the service you have received for your claim. I can confirm that we have received your email and I have asked our claims team to contact you to discuss this in further detail. Thanks again for providing your feedback.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Thanks for getting back to me jamie can you request that the claims team contact me in the afternoon please.

Jamie wicks I thought u had asked the claims team to phone me regarding my claim still havent heard a thing from them. This whole situation is getting beyond a joke now if I haven't heard from this team by lunchtime tomorrow I will be looking into taking this matter further as it looks like you are clearly not interested in your customers after a accident. Your company's lack of communication is absolutely terrible. I have spent enough time on a 0844 number

while informing you of the accident so I cant afford to run up my phone bill chasing you up all the time thats

why I emailed,tweeted and sent a facebook message

to you

Jamie I think this is way by the apology stage its absolutely ridiculous how this matter has been dealt with. It actually feels like hastings dont care about their customers that have been in accidents its stressful enough with being involved in a accident without having to deal with all the added stress and financial burden that this matter has brought with it. I have been in touch with the f.o.s they have said I need to make a formal complaint to hastings first and wait on the outcome of your investigation then if im still not happy then they can step in for me

Jamie I think this is way by the apology stage its absolutely ridiculous how this matter has been dealt with. It actually feels like hastings dont care about their customers that have been in accidents its stressful enough with being involved in a accident without having to deal with all the added stress and financial burden that this matter has brought with it. I have been in touch with the f.o.s they have said I need to make a formal complaint to hastings first and wait on the outcome of your investigation then if im still not happy then they can step in for me

Perhaps you need to confirm to Jamie what you are expecting Hastings to do for you.

Hastings I believe have outsourced much of their claims service and therefore the problem may be finding out who is dealing with the claim, so they can give you a call. However, Hastings should have their own claims customer complaints staff who can intervene when necessary. It may be a case of too many complaints and not enough staff to handle them. With a bank holiday and lots of accident claims, you may be dealing with them at a busy time of the year.

Hi craigmuir83,

Thank you for posting again. Further to my colleagues tweet response, I can confirm that this matter has been escalated to our Claims Customer Relations Department who will review and respond to your complaint. They have assured me that they will contact you today before 3 O'clock.

I'm so sorry for the poor service you have encountered.

Kind regards,

Jamie

Hello Jamie.

Would it be possible to send our OP a message with the name of the person handling the case please? It's always reassuring as a customer to have a name to contact, otherwise it's just faceless.

I can understand you might not want this on open forum, but I think it would be useful.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Well guys thats things all sorted now seems their was a mix up with my claim between their out of hours team and the normal hours team and the claim had got lost with the bank holiday. Im just glad that its all over now one thing I can say for hastings is they did sort this mess out within two hours and their saying I should have money for a new car by friday and some compensation for the trouble this has caused me. Think a lesson has been learned here when I need insurance again. Jamie thanks for keeping on at them and helping sort this out for me

And the poor service continues second complaint email to customer relations team sent off. They have only went and made a dogs dinner of how my payment was going into the bank. How this lot are allowed to operate is beyond belief. ANYONE ELSE EVEN THINKING ABOUT GOING WITH HASTINGS DIRECT MY ADVICE IS STAY WELL AWAY FROM THEM

Hi Craigmuir83,

Thank you for posting an update about your claim, I'm really sorry there have been issues with the payment. I have spoken to Joe in our complaints team who will contact you this afternoon to discuss this in greater detail.

Many thanks,

Jamie

• 3 weeks later...

Contact your so called company is a joke. Who gave u authorisation to take funds from my account. I will contact the fraud squad on this issue And u will have to deal with in excess of 50 policies being cancelled Ill see uz in court

Edited by ims21

Hi craigmuir83,

Thank you for taking the time to post again. I am very sorry to hear that you are still having trouble, I have engaged our Customer Relations team to follow this up but if you would please be able to send me an email with greater detail of what has happened this will help me to get this resolved. help@hastingsdirect.com

Many Thanks,

Jamie

Hi craigmuir83,

Thank you for taking the time to post again. I am very sorry to hear that you are still having trouble, I have engaged our Customer Relations team to follow this up but if you would please be able to send me an email with greater detail of what has happened this will help me to get this resolved. help@hastingsdirect.com

Many Thanks,

Jamie

Not being funny Jamie, but the policyholder may have given you their policy number already. Then it is a case of checking the policy/payment records, plus notes on the policy to see what has happened. In accordance with FCA compliance requirements there must be a full log of everything that has happened with the policy and Data Protection requires a log of incoming/outgoing data. Then it is a case of contacting the Policyholder on any email/phone numbers held for them.

If this is not possible, I would question the way Hastings is set up and how it can respond to customers.

Hope this is a fair point and you will do your best to get the complaint resolved.

Hi unclebulgaria67,

Thank you for your comments, yes this is a fair point and something that I will be doing as part of our standard practices. I tend to find it useful to also get clarification on any finer details from the customer rather than simply judging the situation based on the notes on our systems.

Many Thanks,

Jamie