I have to Refuse sign new contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Need advice - please:

I received new contract to sign but I DIDN'T SIGN YET

POINTS ARE:

- My working hours are changed from 9.30 – 5.30 to 8AM – 6PM

- My lunch break has been changed from 1 hr to 0.50 hr

- My bonus and Salary are changed, basically smaller bonus and bigger (small change from 30.000 to 32.500) salary but finally I am going to be paid £400.00 less / month

- New role/ title

- New / more responsibilities ( my current responsibilities plus more)

- New unreasonable targets

I don’t want to signed this, I am working in accounts department over 7 years and my question is: Can my company refuse my redundancy ? ??

Looks like my current position doesn't exist anymore, I have new one where I will have my current duties plus more.

I was told today that I have to replay with attached signed contract or refuse to sign with detail why until tomorrow.

I have to refuse to sign because I can’t work 10 hrs, plus overtime to do my targets, but I don’t know how to replay, I don’t want to write something what after can be used against me? I’d like to be redundant in this case, not go without anything.

I have to add that there is no point to talk to my Boss, it wont be any changes

Please help

but I am polish, on many situations my English cannot be enough good , but I don't have a choice - I need to find something because I cant work long hours, overtime and do what before two people did

You do not have to accept the new contract and if redundancy is the reason for the changes then effectively you are being made redundant. Question is, how many people are being asked to accept changes or redundancy? What other criteria are being used if not voluntary. I would be asking sooner than later as you might get a better deal if you make the arrangem,ents rather than leaving it to company to make the decision

Everyone has now different job description and different roles, new unreasonable targets, and cuts.

The problem is that we don’t have credit control which is very important role in this time, we had a few years ago 2 people working as a credit control, after one and now again one but without experience and working as a contractor so they want us to help him and do credit control as well, because IS CHEAPER.

We don’t have time to do this, one person left in 2010 and his job has been split between us, I took around 50% of his responsibilities, now they trying to do the same again.

My job description has different tasks now, 95% are credit control and only 5% what I am doing now. Looks like someone doesn’t have clue what we are doing here and how.

Redundancy would require the job to disappear for financail technical or operational reasons. It could be argued that the operational reasoning would mean that by not agreeing to a new job you are in a position of redundancy and they should thensever your employment contract on that basis.

On a more practical note if they dont suggest redundancy they are unfairly dismissing you as the job is still there and there are no technical reasons (new technology etc) to do away with the role. they should continue to employ you on your old contract and pay you accordingly but beware of sudden changes to the bonus scheme.