Deaf father needs to give permission

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

A friends father is profoundly deaf, and he has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

He cannot discuss anything over the phone, etc,

so it would be easier for his daughter to be given access/permission to discuss any appointments, care etc for him on his behalf.

he is happy to do this, as it is now looking like an care plan will need to be put together soon as it is untreatable, a

nd without it, his daughter would struggle to discuss info with medical professionals.

Is there anyone who knows anything about what this letter should say, we have been told that he just needs to write a letter giving permission, but it is how to word it?

Kind regards

Lisa x

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

as simply as you have written above

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Like this ?

To the Practice Manager

I _____________________ hereby give permission for you to discuss with ........any information relating to my recently diagnosed medical condition,

including making any appointments on my behalf and discussing of any test results as of (Insert Date)

As a registered Deaf person, I am unable to be contacted via phone to discuss any plans or make appointments which could possibly lead to a long delay in any treatment or further care, so please contact the above.

Sincerely

I just want it to look ok

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

looks ok

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:thumb: as dx100uk said looks good.

Short and straight to the point and if they require anything else I am sure they would write and ask.

Make sure you send it to not only his local practice manager but any consultants/therapist/etc that are treating him are also forwarded a copy of the letter and ensure to keep copies for yourself.

(when you post the letters ask for proof of posting at the post office)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Lisa Why have you tailored it for this one specific matter when you could just write a generic letter to cover calls to / from all service providers? [if he wants and agrees to that.]

"Authority to Act

"I, His Name, of Address, being unable to use the phone due to deafness, hereby declare that I give permission to my daughter, Your Name, to discuss any of my personal affairs over the phone with any provider of goods or services. This authority remains valid throughout my lifetime unless and until countermanded by me in writing.

"Name

"Signature

"Date"

Add a cover note each time used to quote service provider's patient / reference / account no..

Just a suggestion - but it could probably save a lot of untold hassle in future.