Laptop Warranty Repair ****Resolved****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

On 12/03/14, my Lenovo laptop was received by the Medion warranty center in Germany (as Lenovo bought Medion, and chose Medion to handle all repairs on behalf of them).

Since then, I have asked them multiple times for an ETA on when the parts are due to arrive and also when I can expect to get my laptop back - of which they have told me NEITHER. They keep saying they have requested an ETA, and they are waiting to hear back from the service department, but they never seem to do anything. (It's like they have taken my laptop hostage, haha.)

As a engineering/computer science student, I find this insanely frustrating, as my laptop was basically my livelihood - for all my coursework, assignments, everything in short. It has been a miserable few weeks without it, and I don't even know when this whole farce will end - that's the most annoying thing!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Basically, I want to receive my laptop back ASAP - but I have no idea how to escalate this issue at the moment. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Any contact addresses/emails? Any letter/email drafts I could send them?

Much appreciated,

a very frustrated student

EDIT: Apologies if this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move as necessary.

EDIT:

Hi Incontro

When did you buy it? How did you pay for it? - to see if there are other avenues for you.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened (faulty laptop), how they have let you down (lack of information, poor customer service) and what you want them to do (fix it and return it). Give him any reference numbers you have.

Send it to:-

Mr Nick Shenton

Managing Director

Medion UK

Nick.Shenton@medion.com

Hi Incontro

When did you buy it? How did you pay for it? - to see if there are other avenues for you.

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint, mark it as such. Explain whats happened (faulty laptop), how they have let you down (lack of information, poor customer service) and what you want them to do (fix it and return it). Give him any reference numbers you have.

Mr Nick Shenton

Managing Director

Medion UK

Nick.Shenton@medion.com

Hi rebel11,

Many thanks for your reply.

A family member bought it for me as a gift at the end of July in 2012. It was paid for with a credit card on the Lenovo online store. The product itself is actually out of warranty (only came with standard 1 year warranty), but after much persuasion, I convinced them to honor the 2 year guarantee under EU legislation, and provide a free of charge repair "under goodwill".

Will do as you suggested, thank you for the appropriate contact details. I will bump the thread with further information once I have sent the email/received a response.

In the meantime, any other further advice is greatly appreciated.

Incontro

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Incontro

Mr Nick Shenton

Managing Director

Medion UK

Nick.Shenton@medion.com

It's been a while, but I thought I'd update the thread anyhow, in case it may benefit anyone...

rebel11 - I used the contact details you provided, and in the end my problem was resolved swiftly. So thank you for that. :)