Yellow Box Junction Arguments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
What a stupid thread. Mitchen wants advice on how to handle it, not glib remarks.

Exactly Jamberson !!!

Unfortunately CitizenKain is prevalent with glib critisizing comments on here, and continues with inane comment even when shown and proven to be completely wrong.

I believe the correct term is a Troll.

As for Matt v ATOS well I haven't had any experience of their "helpful advice" before, so I will hold fire on opinion.

rds,I dont know whats "glib" about posting the totally obvious and Im sure mattvatos does either,why enter the box at all if your exit isn't clear? that's why they got cameras there so they can fine you when you block the road cos u cant get out! someone else that didn't get to hear what they wanted,sorry for quoting the totally obvious

• Confused 1

It was me who used the word glib. He came here for advice and was just told what he should have done in the past, as if he has a time machine.

Glib: Characterized by fluency of speech or writing that often suggests insincerity, superficiality, or a lack of concern.

well done jamberson for using the word glib,means nothing at all to me,i was quoting the totally obvious sorry if that's "glib" to you,let me re explain to you....if you enter a box junction and your exit is not clear for some reason,in this day and age,in the 21st century where there are cameras at some box junctions to watch the traffic....some people are going to get caught on camera and are going to get tickets for it.....OK.

Do you really not understand, or are you just pretending to be dumb?

The OP got a notice through the post and asked for advice. He knows why he got it - he wanted advce on what he could next. Your response was to casually tell him what the rules are, which he already knows, but offer nothing useful or constructive as to what he can do about it.

That's glib, as I said, and the reason I gave a definition was because I guessed you didn't know what it meant (you said "I dont know whats "glib" about posting the totally obvious"), which your last post proves to be the case. Now you know what it means, you can see that you were being glib.

My original comment was mainly aimed at "matt v atos", by the way, who went so far as to laugh about the situation (post 7). But you joined in with him. The OP has not posted back and will probably never come back here again, just to be sniggered at. Well done - drag the forum's reputation down and make sure the OP gets no help.

All your last post does is repeat yet again, what the rules are, which everyone knows and which are not in dispute. Seriously, why do you bother?

your missing the whole point again jamberson,nobody was "sniggering" at anyone,the fact that entering a yellow box junction while your exit wasn't clear and getting caught there as being illegal was pointed out as maybe the person didn't realise what the problem was,maybe he didn't read that bit of the highway code,maybe he came from overseas somewhere where they don't have yellow box junctions and was a bit confused,everyone cant be so certain of the rules as you are and its a bit silly stating in your last post how everybody knows the rules,youd be amazed how many people get stopped by police and go to court and stand up and say they never knew this that and the next thing!

So what jamberson? My advice was not to get stuck in a yellow box junction,pretty straightforward really,lol, who told you that you were in charge of any comments made in this forum? come down off your high horse my friend and lighten up,you will be wanting to meet me somewhere for a punchup next the way you are going

How's about calm down, arguing between yourselves is not doing anything to help the OP. If you want to argue the toss with each other do it in the Bear Garden

I made the original remark that has citizenkain react and I made the remark because he regularly dismisses people's requests by telling them they have done wrong and to pay up.

I had him repeatedly argueing over a PCN that my wife received and giving this type of irritating reply of "you're in the wrong" and "pay up" even when it is pointed out to him that he is blatently wrong !!..........................by the way my wife had her PCN revoked.

In this case he is saying that you cannot enter a Box Junction unless your exit is clear, which is not the case with all Box Junctions, plus the fact that the OP has stated that he did not become stationary, which has to be the case for a PCN to be issued with any Box Junctions Traffic Offences. So, as is often the case in numerous of his replies to motoring offences it is not a case of the OP being in the wrong and therefore should not just pay up !!

The intention of forum threads like this are to help and advise, NOT to critise. If he does not wish to help why does he reply !

I certainly don't dismiss people telling them to pay up at all rds60h,I think what your problem is you like to bully people around all the time,no one else should have an opinion or say anything here apart from you,and woe betide anyone that doesn't totally agree with YOU,this is what an open forum is,people all chipping in with their different points of view,thats what makes a forum,you seem to think everyone should just agree with anything you say,its not going to happen on an open forum.

I certainly don't dismiss people telling them to pay up at all rds60h,I think what your problem is you like to bully people around all the time,no one else should have an opinion or say anything here apart from you,and woe betide anyone that doesn't totally agree with YOU,this is what an open forum is,people all chipping in with their different points of view,thats what makes a forum,you seem to think everyone should just agree with anything you say,its not going to happen on an open forum.

Strange !!

You continued with your "Pay up" arguements in reference to my wife's PCN even though several people advised you that you were completely wrong ! and you continued to say OK we will see who is right and dismiss the majority advice and didn't even mange to admit you were wrong when the PCN was over turned.

I has also noticed the same behaviour in other PCN threads, as I said they are meant to advise and help, not hinder.

strange,I don't recall telling anyone to pay anything up anytime,I might have said it would be quicker just paying something rather than risk a long drawn out court case,well done if you got some court case over turned,that doesn't give you the right to get up on your high horse and bully people around,most people are more than capable of making their own minds up and as I said before this is an open forum for general discussion,why should people not have different points of view?,who do you think you are?

Just to address what you have said above, these statements are from my PCN thread (November/December 2013) that a mentioned previously ::

"be better just to pay the small fine and take it on the chin!"

"Its really up to the op what he does,me personally,I would give them their £30 and get on with the rest of my life!"

The quote above you actually used twice in the thread, you should be able to find these quotes easy enough to confirm them because you also stated that ::

"Go ahead and have your day in court rds,you can refer back here for the names/IDs of the folk who told you that you were safe,get a court order for there true identitys,I got all these pages saved to file if you need them for evidence,dont worry if this thread is deleted,lol"

And that's the other thing, what is this fixation that you have with courts when these PCNs are a Civilmatter Not a Criminal matter ?

This quote from Sailor Sam on the samethread confirms that and also perhaps the fact that it is actuallyyou that is the bully and not me !

"Not sure why you keep rambling on about court as there is no court process involved. Mind you, i'm not sure why you are rambling on at all because your contribution to the thread is a big fat zero."

Anyhow, never mind this as the important thing is the OP Mitchen !

Have you managed to access the video of the alleged offence yet ? And can you confirm exactly what type of Box Junction it was ? Also, Do you know exactly what paperwork you have received in relation to the PCN ?

so what rds? I said you might as well pay the £30 and get on with the rest of your life,lol,what about it? that's one opinion,nobody was twisting your arm were they?,well done if you got a result out of it,you could maybe get xmas cards made up with that on them and send them to all your friends!

another thing,you say you sorted your fine out with the council for driving in a bus lane rds,this is what you keep saying but we only have your word for it! for all we know here you had to pay the maximum fine and your just coming on here bluffing!

NEWSFLASH,the opening poster has posted how he has beaten the council with his cleverness,but the problem is we only have his word for it,anyone could have some kind of traffic / motoring problem and just come on here after a while and state,HOORAH,Ive won my case and I am a motoring expert! Sadly it is easy done,I would take this with a pinch of salt.