Can you settle outside of a debt management arrangement..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, helping out my father in law.

He has 10 creditors and an arrangement to pay set up for 9 of them.

During the course of paying the creditors my father in law has received early settlement vouchers.

Do I need to contact the debt management company to negotiate early settlement or can I contact each of them individually?

Finally does anyone know what a typical settlement % a debt collection agency is likely to take?

Thanks

Sam

Hold up. What do you mean early settlement vouchers? Which creditors are you paying? Are they the original creditors or DCA's? Were you offered any discounts? have you ever questioned the paperwork on the debts?

Find out the full facts before you go making settlements or even paying a DCA a penny.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

No fixed rate for early settlement. It depends on a range of factors. However, this is irrelevant at this stage. You have much else to do first.

Is he using a fee-charging D M C? If so, ditch them NOW. Either do it yourselves or use a free provider.

List a summary of his debts here, including debt type, amount, initial agreement date, creditor, current chaser if different [has it been assigned?], current monthly instalment.

Do not at this stage pay any DCA one penny more, as reneg says.

And DO NOT TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE.

The guys here can take things on after receiving your summary info .