Natwest CC - Having trouble paying

EDC12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3743 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I currently have three credit cards which I currently owe in the region of £35k in total on.

I have recently been unable to make the minimum payments on them in the last 3 months due to work drying up, and not looking much better in the forseeable future.

One of which is with Natwest. I wrote to them saying that I am having trouble paying, and they just keep sending me letters saying that I should call them as they need to speak to me urgently - I have not done this yet.

What I really want to find out is what I should do next, seeing that I can't pay them the amounts that they want in the near future, but I would really like to pay off the amounts in the future, but not sure when that would be.

Therefore, I would appreciate any help that anyone can provide me, as I really want to take control of this situation, from a process perspective and a financial perspective.

Thanks

Ed

Hi EDC

First thing is to stay clam. What can you afford to pay after all your essential out goings? If it's a £1 then so be it, write to them and tell them that is all you can afford to pay. They will no doubt send you income and expenditure forms.

Have you been mis-sold PPI on any of those cards? If so that can be claimed back with interest over the last 6 years plus.

Have you had Credit Card charges added to your account, again that can be claimed back with interest over the last 6 years plus.

There are other things that would be a good idea to ask for like agreements etc. but get the above sorted first.

Have a read of 1,2 and 7 in my signature.