Robinson Way offering a refund!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone ever received a letter from Robinson Way stating that

" following an audit they have identified a payment to the account

,which has been fully paid for some,

that may have caused an overpayment " !!!!!

We do have history with them of them chasing us for payment of a debt that was fully paid up via CCCS in 2009.

This letter purports to a different debt that was also fully paid up in 2009.

The letter asks us to phone them to verify the payments as a refund may be due !!!.

Knowing Robinson Way reputation I suspect this is just an attempt to get us to communicate with them .

Any advice or comments would be appreciated

Regards

Margaret

Dont phone them. Tell them that any communication or validation can and will be done in writing only.

This sounds to be like it could be a new trick theyre trying to pull.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you for your speedy response renegadeimp.

Just my thoughts exactly a trick and the letter came in an official buff coloured envelope

similar to those used by the Inland Revenue etc,

While reputable businesses employ due diligence, these ones employ only due deviance.

This letter sounds like a new literary creation following in the footsteps of their old favourite "Recent transactions on your

account are giving cause for concern".

If they had really identified an overpayment, would they honestly be so consumed by guilt as to inform you? I mean, seriously!

Edited by ims21
  • Confused 1

This has been happening to quite a few people I know of, it seems genuine, but I advise responding including the phrase " I do not acknowledge any debt to RW".

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you all for your replies.

Hardupnotfed up I was mulling over ignoring it.

Oleg, I know I mean they try every way to get more money out of you then suddenly feel moved to admit an overpayment !!!! It just smells dodgy.

Brigadier do you know if anyone has actually received a refund from them? I am considering writing to them to say if they have identified an overpayment just repay it ?

Oh I have no intention of phoning them at all.

Thanks psyduck. Yes I think you may be right. I have decided to put the letter in the bin and forget all about it !

Many thanks for all your helpful replies.

Regards

Margaret

To ME it looks like robbers way has come up with a new trick to get people to contact them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes they are, them and the lewis group .

I think there is always a danger to disregard a "name" because historically they have been wet blankets . managers change as do owners.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

but I advise responding including the phrase " I do not acknowledge any debt to RW".

I understand why you have to put the 'I do not acknowledge any debt to RW' but by doing this if there is any refund due then would they pay it as the payments concern a debt unacknowledged by you?

If the debt has been paid off, it's just a safe guard phrase, you are not then leaving yourself open to any claims for other debts the group may hold.

The are many hundreds if not thousands of people who have been paying DCAs year in year out various amounts and do not have a clue how much they have paid or indeed how much the original debt was.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them...!

Aren't Robbers Way part of Hoist Kredit AB now?

http://www.robinson-way.com/home

http://hoistfinance.com/

The UK Companies are Hoist Portfolio and Hoist Portfolio 1, run by Najib Nathoo ex boss of 1st Credit.