HSBC charging and treatment of customer

Vampyra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Vampyra

You should definitely claim under 'Hardship', in the library there should be a template, it needs to be amended. But what you need to do is personalize it, also explain what Hardship your having because they taken monies off you, e.g. paying utility bills, paying for prescriptions. Also explain any 'Hardship' you've had since 2002. Have you got statements? I would say you can 6 years plus.

Hi vampyra

CitizenB is quite right, don't worry about the statements, once you send them the 'Hardship' letter, they will send you an 'Income & Expenditure' form.

I would say that you would only need to provide an Income & Expenditure form and that should be sufficient. It might be worth a formal complaint (headed as such) to their Head /Registered office and suggest that you are being treated unfairly.

Is your illness long term or likely to improve? If long term and unlikely to improve, it seems very unfair that they are demanding you go through this process every 3 months.

Did you reclaim your charges under Hardship rules and I wonder if you could claim discrimination because of your illness/disability ?

Hi vampyra

Write to their H/O explain that you suffer from illnesses that you are trying to manage, explain that the reviews are unfair and should be held annually.

I would say that you would only need to provide an Income & Expenditure form and that should be sufficient. It might be worth a formal complaint (headed as such) to their Head /Registered office and suggest that you are being treated unfairly.

Is your illness long term or likely to improve? If long term and unlikely to improve, it seems very unfair that they are demanding you go through this process every 3 months.

Did you reclaim your charges under Hardship rules and I wonder if you could claim discrimination because of your illness/disability ?

• Haha 1

Hi vampyra

Firstly get your 'Hardship' letter sent off to HSBC, don't forget to mention that your on benefits. That is all you need to do to get things moving. They will send you an Income and Expenditure form to fill in. Which you need to return.

Secondly, send them a Formal Letter of Complaint regards your treatment, what they have said, why you think it's out of order and what you want them to do about it.

You could send them a SAR request, they will send you all the information on your account for the last 6 years, but you don't need that information at the moment.

Edited by rebel11
SAR - A minimum of 6 years, it could be more.

Hi vampyra

Here's the template, make sure you remove the line at the very top, also replace FSA with FCA. Delete anything your not going to send. Go through the final letter a few times just to make sure their aren't any errors.

Template letter to request bank charges if you are in financial hardship

Any questions just ask.

Sent it to:-

HSBC Bank plc

Customer Care Team

PO Box 6125

Coventry

CV3 9GW